This blog is so wrong on so many levels

(92 Posts)
showtunesgirl Wed 30-Jan-13 13:01:06

boldanddetermined.com/2012/11/29/how-to-meet-shy-girls/ Do people genuinely believe this crap? confused

LineRunner Wed 30-Jan-13 13:31:51

He thinks that shy girls still do have 'the slutty emotions' but don't usually act on them.

THis is a bit of charter for control freaks, really. Find a girl who is 'shy' and not too attractive on his strange scale of 1-10 and then make her grateful she got picked and boss her about a lot.

PretzelTime Wed 30-Jan-13 14:30:09

I'm not clicking on that, it's the usual pick up artist crap isn't it?

By Linerunner's decription he sounds like an unpleasant guy with too many "slutty emotions"....Oh god! What a phrase! Slutty emotion = sex drive? Shy girls (it's always girls, not women) have sex drives too?! Omg, who would have thought that!!

KirstyoffEastenders Wed 30-Jan-13 14:32:51

I saw this, Sharon Horgan tweeted about it. I didn't read the whole thing but it must be a joke, I refuse to believe that anyone could hold views like that, let alone share them in a blog.

PretzelTime Wed 30-Jan-13 14:34:55

Slutty emotions. The phrase is too amazing for my brain to handle.

DontPhoneItIn Wed 30-Jan-13 14:36:40

Read the first paragraph and couldn't get any further. Bleurgh! envy

PoppyAmex Wed 30-Jan-13 14:42:05

The few comments I read are even more disturbing!

LineRunner Wed 30-Jan-13 14:44:41

I used to think Peter Stringfellow was a caricature but then found out he was real.

Mr Shy-Girl-Blogger also seems very angry about the pretty girls (and their slutty emotions) 'fucking around'. And that's why you should get a modest girl who will gaze at you adoringly and make sure she doesn't have any slutty friends.

It sounds mad but on the other hand perhaps he is articulating what many abusers actually do.

DontPhoneItIn Wed 30-Jan-13 15:00:12

Poppy the comments are just bizarre! (I was finally brave enough to scroll down)

FloraFox Wed 30-Jan-13 16:31:11

I don't want to click on it either, it does sound like PUA/game bullshit. I think some men really do believe this though. Abusers charter indeed. Eugh.

feministefatale Wed 30-Jan-13 16:35:52

You want a girlfriend who looks up to you

I like to take that to mean he just fancies short people and not that he wants his girlfriend to look up to him- like she is a child.

showtunesgirl Wed 30-Jan-13 16:36:25

It's genuinely weird! It's like ALL women can according to this guy just be categorised and labelled. confused

Jesus Christ.

He's obviously off his rocker. Or just trying to wind people up??

slug Wed 30-Jan-13 16:52:16

I don't think he's quite grasped the idea that women are actually people.

McBalls Wed 30-Jan-13 17:05:20

So you must keep trying to get the shy girl to fuck you, but if she does then she's not a "good girl" after all, just a used up old whore.

It's like a bloody witch trial.

MrsMushroom Wed 30-Jan-13 17:14:06

Shy girls do not typically have the black girl attitude of “I don’t need no man. I’m as strong as a man. I’m just as good as a man. I’m just one of the guys.” or any of that bullshit.

What???? What???? This man is a lunatic and a racist sexist one at that!!

LineRunner Wed 30-Jan-13 21:01:15

I didn't read as far as that comment, MrsMushroom. On just how many levels is that wrong ... <implodes>

sciencelover Thu 31-Jan-13 18:22:46

How bizarre. It sounds like a teenage boy trying to impress his friends.

FastidiaBlueberry Fri 01-Feb-13 12:13:45

This bloke is dangerous to women.

He's clearly a very abusive person.

CBA to read the blog, but the whole point of blogs is that any fuckwit with an opinion, however stupid, can have a blog and air his/her idiotic views. Why draw attention to one arsehole among millions?

Actually, I thought better and read it. It's hilarious. This guy probably can't even interact with a check-out worker without wetting his pants in fright. It's a magnificent depiction of a thick no-mates who's never had sex with anything other than his teddy bear.

MidnightMasquerader Sat 02-Feb-13 08:09:00

A least he is out there making his complete ineptness known to womankind....

PretzelTime Sat 02-Feb-13 09:25:20

Let's hope he is inept and never gets close to any girls.
Unfortunately he is just one among many guys who are spreading the PUA mentality. Those other how to's and blogs that I've seen are about how to raise your confidence by looking down on ladies and objectifying them, targeting women with bad self-confidence so you can "neg" them, how to get alone with your target as quickly as possibly so she can't change her mind and say no to sex. Vile stuff.

Softlysoftly Sat 02-Feb-13 10:25:25

He truly disturbed, I'm guessing though that he sits in all day eating steak working on his weights and wanking so woman kind should be safe.

Saying that though dv exists so perhaps he ought to be locked away for safety

JakeBullet Sat 02-Feb-13 10:35:24

Thanks for linking to this. I am a "shy girl"who shuns men .....and blogs like this show me how right I am not to bother with relationships. Okay so I know not all men are like this but quite honestly I cannot be bothered to sort the wheat from the chaff. My son will be brought upto respect both himself and women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now