pole dancing for fitness

(421 Posts)

in my work i work with very highly qualified academics, i am support staff. they have all recently started these classes and burlesque. I have recently got very interested in the feminism on MN. I am saddened these woman are doing this ,they have everything going for them! Am i wrong? be gentle i am a learner smile

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 24-Nov-12 17:27:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hardwood Sat 24-Nov-12 21:45:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

rosabud Sat 24-Nov-12 21:57:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AnyFucker Sat 24-Nov-12 22:45:14

TwoFacedCows Sun 25-Nov-12 00:01:59

why are you always so nasty?

AnyFucker Sun 25-Nov-12 01:21:58

HeadingHome Sun 25-Nov-12 01:30:47

My friend's brother is the Australia champion I'm pole dancing smile

HeadingHome Sun 25-Nov-12 01:37:43

*in

mcmooncup Sun 25-Nov-12 09:30:19

I've met many men like hardwood in rl.

It's much more fun when they are in rl. You can see the look on their face when you annihilate their 'argument' quickly and efficiently, the panic spreads and they end up looking all silly and frankly a bit thick.

'Feministic' actually made me roll though. Epic.

TwoFacedCows Sun 25-Nov-12 11:01:55

no actually you seem to be nasty to anyone that doesn't conform to your view. from what i have seen, and what others have said, you are just a nasty bully.

Hardwood Sun 25-Nov-12 11:21:12

AnyFucker Sun 25-Nov-12 11:40:26

TFC..."what others have said" ?

Is there still a blog about what a bitch I am ? What fun. grin

mcmooncup Sun 25-Nov-12 11:44:25

Hardwood.
Yes, I've met many men like you.
That is why being feministic is necessary.

This bit was particularly foul in your last post:

".......I'm not a threatening (unless I choose to be, then I use my height to advantage)."

I would present my argument.......but you don't actually say anything. What is it you think about wimmin again??

AnyFucker Sun 25-Nov-12 11:51:45

mcmooncup Sun 25-Nov-12 11:53:48

I imagine he certainly likes the sound of his own voice.

Shame.

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 25-Nov-12 12:01:43

AnyFucker Sun 25-Nov-12 12:08:31

I haven't seen it, stewie

I have been gleefully informed about it via the medium of an abusive pm smile

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 25-Nov-12 12:33:40

AnyFucker Sun 25-Nov-12 12:36:27

indeed

namechangeguy Mon 26-Nov-12 09:03:03

Well, this has rather gotten away from the point of the OP grin

Did the OP ever actually ask the highly-qualified, intelligent academics why they took this up as a hobby? Perhaps that might give some insight.

GetAllTheThings Mon 26-Nov-12 09:18:23

Oh stop being so sensible NCG. grin

GetAllTheThings Mon 26-Nov-12 14:48:11

One thing that is probably rather left field, but just occurred to me, is the May Pole dances.

Young women dancing in a pagan festival around a phallic symbol.

I know it's not really in the same league as pole dancing / fitness and I'm not sure if it's relevant to this thread. Just thinking aloud...

OneMoreChap Mon 26-Nov-12 15:25:57

I tend to the verbose and sesquipedalian on occasions, and am addicted to the use of ellipsis, but Hardwood certainly seems to excel at it, and use of 'faux' single quotes.

Wonder if he assumes that everyone else who posts here are female/rad fem/"mantines" (what are they?).

I am none of the above and while there's all sorts of things said that I disagree with, I'd hope that I'm not quite as patronising (when I fuck up I tend not to be quite so patronised, either...)

Maypole dances are traditionally performed by equal numbers of male and female dancers, usually children. There is not much evidence that the maypole is intended as a phallic symbol - it's at least as likely to symbolise a sacred tree, such as Yggdrasil from the Norse myths. Maypole dancing has never had any connection with sexually exploitative practices, nudity (sexual or otherwise) or the exchange of money.

So not very relevant.

OneMoreChap Mon 26-Nov-12 15:38:26

Mmm.

Mixed views on symbolism of the maypole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now