Dad regenders Zelda for his daughter

(18 Posts)
WidowWadman Fri 09-Nov-12 21:52:51

That's lovely.

TiggyD Sat 10-Nov-12 10:18:04

I always thought it was a girl! I do tend to skip the story stuff.blush

Primrose123 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:22:13

That's brilliant. I love playing Zelda, and I get fed up being a boy throughout the story!

FrillyMilly Thu 15-Nov-12 21:33:52

I thought Zelda was a girl confused

I thought Zelda was a girl too blush

FrillyMilly Thu 15-Nov-12 21:36:47

Oh now I think about it was Zelda tha sword wielding character you play or was she locked in a tower waiting I be rescued?

FrillyMilly Thu 15-Nov-12 21:37:13

Apologies for terrible typing

RubberDuck Thu 15-Nov-12 21:38:04

Zelda is the person you rescue, the hero is called Link.

(sheesh) wink

In fact that's why I liked playing it as a child, thought I was playing a girl! grin

Teladi Thu 15-Nov-12 21:40:41

Zelda is a girl - she's Princess Zelda. The main (playable) character, Link, is male. Though I don't think it matters much. I think all the Zelda games give you the option to choose your own name at the beginning though. I played Twilight Princess first, and put my own first name in... and then was referred to as 'laddie' etc throughout. I totally get why this dad has done this.

Oh well, I clearly had no idea what was going on!

Teladi Thu 15-Nov-12 21:41:06

x post with a whole bunch of people!

FrillyMilly Thu 15-Nov-12 22:01:04

I'm so disappointed by this

WomanlyWoman Fri 16-Nov-12 11:01:00

That's excellent. It annoys me how few games there are with adventurous female characters, or females that aren't all eyelashes or sexy costumes. My dh plays Zelda with our dd, am going to show him this and shame him ;)

TerrariaMum Fri 16-Nov-12 13:29:34

Can I use this as a chance to recommend Dungeons of Dredmor? You can play a female character and she is fully clothed. here

Also, Gaslamp Games, who make it, have a very good reputation for stomping down on sexism in their forums.

WomanlyWoman Fri 16-Nov-12 13:53:11

Thanks for that Terraria, I'm looking for a decent console game for dd for Xmas, rather than PC, but will keep it in mind.

TerrariaMum Fri 16-Nov-12 14:17:03

Ah, I don't play console games as we only have a PC. So I am a fount of knowledge on PC games but not console ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now