Ann-Marie MacDonald has written a 3rd book

(8 Posts)
mmack Sun 15-Mar-15 16:07:27

Fall on your Knees and The Way the Crow Flies are just brilliant and I always wondered if she'd write something else. It made my day to see that she has a new book out called Adult Onset. It's reviewed in The Sunday Times today.

Outforanotherwalkbitch Sun 15-Mar-15 19:26:25

loved Fall on Your Knees, is crow one similar?

mmack Mon 16-Mar-15 22:19:02

The Way the Crow Flies is set on an army base in the 1960s so the plot is very different but it is an even better book in my opinion.

tormentil Tue 17-Mar-15 14:48:23

Loved both of her books - will definitely be reading this new one.

sprout44 Wed 18-Mar-15 19:58:57

I have both and bought them based on the wonderful reviews. I read fall on your knees and i just hated it, hated the characters. This is normally the type of book i like as i love Carol Shields and Mary Lawon, also Canadian. I may bet and hope its better.

Bue Mon 23-Mar-15 22:02:58

I'm excited about this. Both her other novels are brilliant, they have stuck in my mind for years. Both very haunting stories.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 23-Jun-15 22:17:47

I've been too scared to read another of her books since Fall On your Knees. I loved it, but I felt completely emotionally wrung out at the end.

mmack Tue 23-Jun-15 22:30:52

Adult Onset is very different. It's about a woman struggling to be a different kind of parent than her mother was. It's a very honest book about motherhood but not as heart-wrenching as her other two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now