Struggling with C9 & how to keep the weight off?

(8 Posts)
kitkat321 Fri 21-Oct-16 23:08:32

I sceptically started this on Monday - pre baby my weight had hovered around 10st 3 ish - sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

I lost much of my baby weight but when I started going to the gym regularly and exercising more I found myself getting heavier and I don't think it was all muscle.

Despite sort of doing slimming world using online and some of my mum's old book I wasn't loosing but was putting on and when the scales hit almost 12 stone I felt physically sick so decided to fork out for the C9.

It cost me £100 for the pack. I'm on day 5 now, have lost 8lbs and this morning I was 10st 13lbs with 4 days to go.

I hate it - I don't mind the pills or the aloe vera but I hate the milkshakes - so sweet and chalky and I've yet to notice the surge in energy I've been promised. My skin and hair aren't glowing - although my nails look good. My food cravings haven't disappeared - I would kill for just a small taste of chocolate right now or a normal cup of even decaf tea! It has been good for showing me that I do often eat for the sake of it though and for showing me how foods can make you bloat.

I've been a bit naughty today and I think I've gone above my 600 calorie dinner with a very unhealthy brown rice, veg & chicken dish (going crazy here!) because otherwise I'm starving and feel lethargic. I've not yet been able to exercise because I honestly think I'd have passed out.

So 4 days to go and I'm now wondering if it's worth staying on it to see if I could loose a few more lbs or if ultimately, I'm going to put it all on again anyway even if I try and eat healthily afterwards (plan is to join slimming world).

Looking for honest advice for anyone who has done this - did you manage to keep the weight off afterwards when moving to a more sustainable diet/healthy eating plan? My aim is to exercise 3 or 4 times a week again when I finish the C9 although I'm hoping to start feeling more energized in the next few days.

MarchEliza2 Fri 21-Oct-16 23:16:07

Is C9 something to do with aloe Vera?

It sounds like you're starving yourself and are miserable. Surely a less drastic approach is more likely to yield lasting results?

Sorry if not helpful - I do wish you luck it's just what you describe sounds too punishing to stick to and dietary changes are difficult enough to make habitual.

Woodenmouse Fri 21-Oct-16 23:21:20

I did the herbalife shakes for a while and hated it, I'm in slimming world now and lost really well and I'm always nice and full. The shakes etc just aren't worth the stupid money.

kitkat321 Fri 21-Oct-16 23:34:09

Thanks both - I am effectively starving myself. I've seen people claim they never felt hungry - I'm constantly hungry but I just have to ignore it or try and satisfy my hunger with a handful of blueberries.

I partly wonder if it is a good method to help you balance out your diet - this feels so extreme that when I start eating "normally" i.e. healthy diet then it will feel easy.

I might see if I can manage another day or two and then switch to slimming world where i can have my curly wurly every day.

Lorelei76 Fri 21-Oct-16 23:44:52

Wait, £100? And you still eat a dinner that they didn't make? Not sure why you paid for that.

I don't see how this can work, I'm losing and just eating less. Go straight for SW I reckon. If this is a VLCD then be prepared to regain what you lost though, doesn't matter but I think for 9 days there's a high chance of losing loads then gaining the minute you eat even 1200 cals.

Ni58 Sat 22-Oct-16 09:35:39

I've done it a couple of times and couldn't stand either flavour of the milkshakes so I ended upreplacing them with two meals (under 300 cals each). I don't know how this affected the final weight loss, but that wasn't really my focus anyway. I did feel better afterwards and my hair, nails and skin were much better for it.
I won't do it again though because at £100, it's a bit pricey if I'm not using all the components. I might buy some more of the aloe gel at some point.

Moanranger Tue 08-Nov-16 08:52:41

I did a VLCD & lost 4+ stone, but I did it over 5 months, which gives you time to re-train your eating attitudes, etc.
These sort of "quick fix" approaches don't work long-term & are useful only if you are trying to fit into a party/wedding dress/bikini. You will probably put it back on quite quickly.
Go back on an eating plan of some sort, look at portion control, maybe pay for a session with a personal trainer to find an exercise regime that doesn't lead to weight gain.
Don't eat yourself up.
Good luck!

Vickytoria75 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:04:10

I would advise stopping straight away - it sounds awful & nutritionally not good & certainly not a long term eating plan. I'm using weight loss resources at the moment & it really works. You eat what you like but log everything that passes your lips and stay within your calories allowance. You can earn extra calories to eat through exercise & it really works. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and have lost 9 lbs so far - highly recommend. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now