Urge to eat more immediately after a meal?'

(11 Posts)
Cushionwoman Mon 23-May-16 17:25:09

Does anyone else get this?

An overwhelming urge to 'keep going' after they've had a perfectly good sized and balanced meal?

I haven't succumbed so far, but it's weird.

Wolfiefan Mon 23-May-16 17:26:45

It takes time for the "full up" sensation to reach your brain!

madmother1 Mon 23-May-16 17:27:15

Yes!!!! I'm really trying to have nothing in the evening after my main meal. I'm finding herbal or green teas refreshing. But, I know what you mean. I could nibble for England and know I'm not really hungry. Try to clear a drawer out each night to keep yourself busy.

Cushionwoman Mon 23-May-16 17:29:40

IT'S SO HARD!!!

ppeatfruit Mon 23-May-16 17:32:32

If you eat REALLY slowly you will fill up quicker! I do this and it works, if you forget then wait , have some water, and you get the full up sensation eventually!

Cushionwoman Mon 23-May-16 17:34:51

That could be an issue. Because I've been so looking forward to my next meal I absolutely whoof it down!

ppeatfruit Mon 23-May-16 17:38:04

So try not to get too hungry before meals maybe have some water and chewy nuts with an apple or something for a snack. Look at Paul Mackenna his way of eating would be good for you.

KittyKrap Mon 23-May-16 18:13:38

I did the Atkins years ago and it was the only time I didn't want to keep going. On Atkins I had steak and green beans with cheese sauce, I'd never finish it. Off Atkins I'd have carbs with it, scoff the lot and want to keep going. I find protein fills you more.

I'm probably talking shite mind!

ChipsandGuac Mon 23-May-16 18:16:04

I find eating slowly so boring! I just want to eat and get on with something else. I have to force myself to so I don't overeat.

ppeatfruit Tue 24-May-16 11:28:30

If you have 'proper' food ; like rye bread and fresh apples etc. that needs to be chewed, and if you don't get too hungry before a meal, then you can't sling it down your throat like crisps and cakes etc.

Joystir Fri 27-May-16 22:57:01

I just want to graze and graze. My weight has yoyo'd all ny life (I'm 58)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now