Have you given up wheat for weight loss? How well did it work?

(30 Posts)
Beechview Sat 16-Nov-13 15:16:22

I've decided to give up wheat for a while to see if it will help me to lose weight. I think I rely too much on bread and eliminating wheat from my diet will also mean I can't have cakes and biscuits. That's got to be a good thing.

Anyone given this a go?

Geckos48 Thu 21-Nov-13 08:30:55

I have been naughty and had take-away pizza with the kids last night. Today I am eating good wholesome food promise ;)

Beechview Thu 21-Nov-13 09:33:16

I couldn't resist and got on the scales which are 2lbs down after 4 days! I do look less bloated and I've started doing some stomach exercises every evening too.

I don't think you necessarily lose weight just by going wheat free as you can still eat huge portions of whatever you do eat but I've found that I don't have that mad overeating urge.
I would eat tonnes of toast with butter and marmite. If I made a cake, I'd end up eating half of it. That's not happening at the moment and I just seem to have more willpower to resist other bad food like crisps and chocolate.
I hope this works! I'm so sick of being overweight and feeling tired, fat and frumpy.

Beechview Thu 21-Nov-13 09:33:51

How are you feeling after that pizza Gecko?

Beechview Thu 21-Nov-13 12:54:22

Dh has just given me a box of posh chocolates (apology from him and he happened to be near the particular shop today) that I love.
I genuinely feel no desire for them whatsoever shock

Geckos48 Sun 24-Nov-13 20:30:32

I feel fine, back on the no wheat thing tomorrow eep!

We are just bad at dieting me and the husband!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now