flowers flowers!

(11 Posts)
shesaidgleeba Mon 03-Feb-14 20:47:08

Hi, i wonder if you can help? We're not having bridesmaids only flower girls (2 and 8) do they have flowers? and the best man, groom and fathers of the bride/groom are not going to be wearing matching suits, would they normally wear a buttonhole or is that only if they're all matching? thanks in advance (not very wedding savvy!)

Chlorinella Mon 03-Feb-14 20:56:00

What would you like ?
We had bridesmaid (Aged 8 ) carried a posy what's the difference between a flower girl and a bridesmaid ?
None of the men in matching suits , but all had buttonholes
To add to the confusion , the Mums and the sisters of the Bride and Groom all had corsages smile
Flower girl , surely they will have flowers as they've been called flower girls ?
Mind you it was nearly 20 years ago ...

afromom Mon 03-Feb-14 20:56:41

My Mum used to be a wedding florist (before she retired) and she did a real range of stuff for little ones. Some had a small posy with a few flowers, others a small fake posy. She also did little baskets of petal confetti for some and some had corsages that either attached to their dresses or their wrists.

With regards to button holes, I think it just depends on what you want. Most have one for the main wedding party, we did for my wedding and no one had matching suits. But then we had flowers galore as we only had to pay for the flowers, not the time! grin

stopthenoise Mon 03-Feb-14 20:59:54

Sorry for gatecrashing your thread! I was also wondering about buttonholes. We were just going for groom and best man but who else needs them?
I've seen some young bridesmaids with wands or little baskets with petals in. the 8 year old could have a small posy.

RudyMentary Mon 03-Feb-14 21:00:17

I carried 3 red roses - red rosebuds in my hair
DD just had white rose buds in her hair
Family men had white Rose button holes
DH had a red Rannunculus button hole.

shesaidgleeba Mon 03-Feb-14 21:05:32

I haven't got a clue the difference between flower girl/bridesmaids do one walk in front of you one behind? i thought under 14 ish = flower girl? How do you give button holes out? On a tray beforehand or do you have to drive round everyone? shockshock No one tells you this stuff!

shesaidgleeba Tue 04-Feb-14 19:18:53

Also do florists go from a photo if you've seen one? (I know nothing about flowers!)

Chlorinella Tue 04-Feb-14 21:14:19

I recommend buying this magazine
You probably only need to buy one issue , it gives you loads of ideas , trends , which flowers are in season and so on .
I've bought it because I'm doing a flower arranging evening class .

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Thu 06-Feb-14 19:18:28

Flower girls usually have a basket of petals ime, easy to get cheep and fake! We had buttonholes for groomsmen, father, best man, mothers and grandmothers.

if you are in south west London I csn recommend a great cheap florist - 8 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, dad groom and best man, 4 mother/grandmother and my bouquet for £120 and they were amazing and really full shock

HelloDoris Fri 07-Feb-14 01:47:23

We're having flower wands for our 2 toddler DD. not convinced they will last longer then a small posy, hoping they might make it an hour without whacking each other with them!

Puddles1234 Mon 17-Feb-14 12:49:19

My flower girls carried Peony Pomanders they were gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now