what's the chances of a registrar being available?

(10 Posts)
butterfly86 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:11:15

Hi I've just book the venue for a wedding this August what's the chances of a regiatrar being available? I'm panicking now that they are going to say there's nobody to do it!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 16-Mar-13 03:37:49

Ask your local registrars? Is your venue licensed for weddings?

If you're in Scotland, you could also investigate Humanist celebrants.

butterfly86 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:19:04

I can't contact the registrars until monday now so I'll be worrying all weekend now! The venue is licensed, they had last minute dates available for this year I never even thought about the registrar not being available. It's a friday wedding so might have more chance.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 16-Mar-13 12:45:55

Good luck. smile

is it a popular venue?

we booked ours and they Said for the main venues they always keep a registrar for Fridays and Saturdays smile

butterfly86 Sat 16-Mar-13 16:05:08

It is a popular venue so fingers crossed it was the only date they had left for the whole summer. I'm such a worrier though!

they will have someone grin

butterfly86 Mon 18-Mar-13 09:57:38

There is a registrar available thankfully but the only time they have is 3.30 I'm worried this is too late?

exiledmancityfan Mon 18-Mar-13 12:31:58

No that's fine. We had a 4pm wedding snd the morning was really relaxed. It also gace people a chance to get to the venue and hsve lunch before the ceremony. We didn't habe a separate evening list though. Congratulations and hope you have a fab day.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 18-Mar-13 19:37:56

I got married about that time, it eas fine. Have a lovely day, and get planning your timetable! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now