Happy weather news!

(81 Posts)

Looking like theres potential for a lovely weekend to come. Perhaps not terribly sunny but GFS is going for temps perhaps as warm as 14-15C in the south and midlands. Dry too. Woohoo!

Big caveat for gardeners though - dont get carried away and put out frost tender plants. Can guarantee you wont get away with it!

leesmum Tue 04-Mar-14 15:52:13

Nice one Kitten...especially for those who have been affected by flooding smile

Coconutty Tue 04-Mar-14 15:54:44

Ooh nice, sounds good, thanks.

magimedi Tue 04-Mar-14 16:22:00

Looks out shorts, bikini & thinks about going to the beach for a swim grin

Great news!

Yay!

ErrolTheDragon Tue 04-Mar-14 19:20:42

Oh good - hopefully that will help dry things out a bit. Forecast not so good here (Lancs) but we've not suffered so much as other parts this winter(we're used to rain).

It was lovely here yesterday, and cleared up nicely this afternoon after a rainy morning. Lots of spring flowers starting to come out already and even some hawthorn coming into leaf which seems ridiculously early.

Hawthorn is very very early! (some think the 'ne'er cast a clout til May is out' refers to hawthorn, theres no way I'm casting any clouts yet!!)

At the moment I dont think Lancs looks too bad, a little borderline for some light rain.

Hassled Tue 04-Mar-14 19:48:03

Blooming heck!

I've been itching to start casting clouts but have so far restrained myself. I never wait until May is completely out though - I like to live on the edge.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 04-Mar-14 19:51:09

Yes, but that refers to the blossom not the leaf so you can keep your longjohns on for now. grin

we've had some hawthorn blossom shock

digerd Tue 04-Mar-14 21:36:55

We have the early blooming Prunus trees in flower. March is usually the Forsythia blooming month and the peach/almond ornamental flowering fruit trees later in the month. April is the Magnolia, flowering cherries and horsechesnut flowers.
My best Camelia has no buds this yearsad.

LostInWales Tue 04-Mar-14 21:41:18

There is a perfect purple crocus that has pushed through in my garden, it makes me smile every day. Lots of lovely walking on the beach in the warmth moments this week with big waves and high tides and not raining. Lovely thread OYBBK grin

Blondieminx Tue 04-Mar-14 21:48:13

Hurrah for happy weather news smilesmilesmile

HesterShaw Tue 04-Mar-14 22:09:55

I just looked ahead for the next ten days and next week looks ALL DRY shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

MooncupGoddess Tue 04-Mar-14 22:13:11

Hester shock how on earth will we cope??

That's great news OYBBK, I am going on the Million Women Rise march on Sat and usually it is fecking freezing. A nice warm day will be very welcome!

Do I need to put my winter boots away??!!

Felix90 Wed 05-Mar-14 06:58:28

Lovely! We are going up to Durham to visit the in-laws this weekend and taking dd for a walk down the beach for the first time ever smile Each time we have visited since she arrived, it's peed it down!!!

I wouldn't quite yet spotty, there are some signs that it may get damp around mid march (though not especially cold)

Some good frosts continuing by night though!

GloriaSmud Wed 05-Mar-14 09:34:28

Yay, proper Spring weather after the extended Autumn that was winter! I was only half listening to the lunchtime weather forecast yesterday and thought the temperature, '17C' was mentioned for the weekend.

We have crocus flowers, daffodils with buds (not flowering yet although have seen some flowering ones about) and signs of life in our pond, in the form of a male and huge female frog.
<Hopes winter is over and packs sledge away>

prettybird Wed 05-Mar-14 10:08:46

Unfortunately the weather forecast for Edinburgh is 7 degrees, light rain and gusty wind - not good when I'm going to have to hang around Ingliston all day while ds does a 2 minute cycle race in the morning and a 35 minute race 3 hours later.

fortunately the car is warm wink

Still, it's better than the equivalent day last year when it was raining, sleeting, snowing and windy and even though they shortened the races, tough teenage boys were coming off the course in tears hmm

My mum is Renfrewshire, on the banks of the Clyde, and has just had an automated call about flooding from the river - it won't affect her, her house is on a hill but eeek

Perihelion Sat 08-Mar-14 17:33:56

Edinburgh yesterday had rain, sleet, snow, hail, sun and wind......so back to normal grin

Yay perihelion! Sanity is restored!! grin it's been glorious down here, though I still had to drive through a flood.

prettybird Sat 08-Mar-14 22:33:38

Weather in Glasgow yesterday was sleet, hail, snow, rain, sun and wind confused

Weather in Edinburgh today was rain in the morning, sun in the afternoon and lots of wind.

We've had so much rain in Glasgow the last couple of days that the local kids' rugby has had to cancel its games ( and trainingsad) due to waterlogged swamps pitches.

digerd Sun 09-Mar-14 07:20:58

Come on Glasgow get with it.
SE.
We had a lovely sunny mild day yesterday. 1 degree last night but clear sky again atm
I had the gardener and window cleaners making hay while the sun shone on Saturday.
Also did some tidying up in the garden.
Got my fallen roses and arch back up for now, anyway, and is time to fertilise all 8 of the climbing roses and water hose it into the ground as this week no rain forecast. < can't have everything>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now