Weather warnings for this weekend

(113 Posts)
GloriaSmud Fri 26-Jul-13 10:49:11

issued by the metoffice.
Heavy rain/thunderstorms coming up from France, moving in from the east. Bit of uncertainty how far west/north it might move so warnings could change.

awaywego1 Sun 28-Jul-13 09:05:08

Rained for 10 hours straight in south yorks!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GloriaSmud Sun 28-Jul-13 09:37:25

Torrential rain overnight and we've had 26.4mm of rain in the last 24hrs.
Sunny and breezy this morning ~ 21C here (Leicester)

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 10:11:10

Sunny here now, the clouds buzzed off or broke up, and there is still a fresh breeze. S.Herts. Very nicesmile

GloriaSmud Sun 28-Jul-13 11:12:53

Reports of flooding around Leicester and Leicestershire.

We had torrential rain for hours overnight ( vaguely aware every time I woke ( which was lots) that it was still raining!)

I am going camping today!

Not sure whether to grin or sad

required steadily between seven and nine yesterday then cleared up and party continued.tent flooded though so I came homegrin

BlackeyedSusan Sun 28-Jul-13 16:40:34

thunder storms are picking up again. ireland looks colourful! we haave some lovely big clouds but they ae all floating off north before developing!

PseudoBadger Sun 28-Jul-13 16:50:12

Had some heavy showers this afternoon in N London. Might have heard a rumble of thunder but can't be certain.

CPtart Sun 28-Jul-13 17:12:17

Camped out through ten hours of constant rain ( torrential at times) last night in Cumbria. Interesting to say the least!

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 17:40:22

Had a shower about 4pm, but didn't last long and been sunny and fresh otherwise. 23 atm

youarewinning Sun 28-Jul-13 21:14:21

YAY grin

After a very dark evening and feeling very muggy we finally have our thunderstorm - I've waited a week for ours envy

Thunder and lightning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now