Weather warnings for this weekend

(113 Posts)
GloriaSmud Fri 26-Jul-13 10:49:11

issued by the metoffice.
Heavy rain/thunderstorms coming up from France, moving in from the east. Bit of uncertainty how far west/north it might move so warnings could change.

EeTraceyluv Sat 27-Jul-13 17:43:01

I'm in Cambridge - it's suddenly gone a bit cooler and quite still - is ion the way???? not thinking haha to all the folk festival people virtually in my back garden driving me mad with the noise

It is on its way, but just like the other bands that came from France today it's thinning as it moves north. frustrating!!!!!! I really thought that the extra heat here would pep it up some.

Btw, this storm coming at us produced 76mph gusts in one spot in France. Brought down trees, flooding etc.

BIWI Sat 27-Jul-13 18:34:28

We only had about 10 minutes of rain in the end - and nothing particularly special. It's really muggy here though, and getting darker by the minute, so hopefully we will have more!

thekingfisher Sat 27-Jul-13 18:52:53

nothing doing here - sun gone in and some high cloud cover - looks as if it might rain lightly but no dramatic drama sad

Big rumble of thunder, but just the one! (Sussex/Surrey border)

valiumredhead Sat 27-Jul-13 19:01:58

I'm sitting in the garden, waiting...

Pascha Sat 27-Jul-13 19:08:22

1 Mississippi 2 mississippi 3 Mississippi 4 Mississippi 5 Mississippi 6 Mississippi

6 miles away then smile

Lovely big sharp lightning forks, rumbley-rumbley ongoing low thunder and a bit of rain. Neil next door is still mowing and the cricketers are still on the green for some reason.

I like this kind of storm.

What about North Lincolnshire? The met office keep promising us rain and then we don't get any! My garden really needs it!! Also my waterbutt which was full at the beginning of spring. It is a 1000 litre one which we installed in April last year... It filled in just 10 days from all that rain we had shock

valiumredhead Sat 27-Jul-13 19:10:15

Just started pouring with rain!grin

Sunny here! S E Cornwall. Really want a thunderstorm...

BlackeyedSusan Sat 27-Jul-13 19:20:10

<pants> out of breath due to mrs salvo!

just run down to garage before the storm hits. left the camera in and your post reminded me.

west mids here. it is very black over head. there have just been a few large spots of rain and at least one rumble of thunder. at 7.15

just starting again now with heavy rain.

youarewinning Sat 27-Jul-13 19:25:18

Oh so glad of this thread - was gonna search out OYBBK about a weather question.

I am in South England, south coast in Hampshire. Earlier today we suddenly had a huge wall of wind pass through. It lasted about 30-40 seconds and blew through and disappeared. confused

Now we have refreshing rain and the mugginess has gone. Hoping for a massive storm but doesn't look likely?

Kent and East Sussex are in line for some very nasty weather imminently. Large hail ad severe gusts.
Le Havre managed an 82mph.

Any obs from that area will be very interesting. Radar is showing some very interesting features.

Youarewinning it's going east of you.

PseudoBadger Sat 27-Jul-13 19:43:07

I have friends camped at a dog show in Haywards Heath; over 1000 dogs there. I hope they will all be ok (they often manage to escape from tents/caravans in storms)

PseudoBadger Sat 27-Jul-13 19:43:34

Heavy rain N London

A mix of sunny spells and grey muggyness in Manchester.

I would like to report some serious hail in my brothers town in Germany though - huge golf ball sized, and they have had windows broken by it for the second time in 6 weeks!

KFFOREVER Sat 27-Jul-13 19:44:45

Its pouring with rain in SE London.

A mix of sunny spells and grey muggyness in Manchester.

I would like to report some serious hail in my brothers town in Germany though - huge golf ball sized, and they have had windows broken by it for the second time in 6 weeks!

EeTraceyluv Sat 27-Jul-13 19:46:50

Still nothing here really enjoying the muffled diddly pissing diddly of the Folk fest

JuliaScurr Sat 27-Jul-13 19:47:46

steady downpour in Madway

Queenbee245 Sat 27-Jul-13 19:52:22

Nothing here yet (Essex) although its been grey for about 45 mins now and has cooled down, did hear a rumble of thunder about half hour ago but that's it so far

Queenbee245 Sat 27-Jul-13 19:53:27

And it's just started pouring down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now