OYBBK - please tell me it's not going to be hot in London on 21st...

(10 Posts)
Loueytb3 England Thu 18-Apr-13 20:42:09

Thank you OYBBK - that sounds perfect. Certainly better than today when I did my last run in a horizontal hailstorm in central London. It bloody hurt!!

digerd Thu 18-Apr-13 15:52:52

We had a downpour suddenly between 2.15 and 2.45, but at 3pm it was sunny again and warmer than this morning, abated wind, despite the temp going down to 13 when it rained. Now 14.

The pansies are 'blooming'.

digerd Thu 18-Apr-13 11:06:03

Back from dog walk and the clouds had already broken up at 10am.

Very pleasant out of the wind, but the gusts are quite fierce SW direction I think - stopped me walking for a few seconds.

digerd Thu 18-Apr-13 09:11:47

S Herts
Trend of colder night temps is continuing. +8.5 last night and atm it is chilly out with sun trying to push clouds away unsuccessfully.
Chilly gusts of wind, so gloves and hood on again for this morning's dog walk.

No rain showing now smile temps in the low teens. Looks good!

Loueytb3 England Sat 13-Apr-13 15:01:57

Thank you smile that doesn't sound too bad. Fingers crossed we don't suddenly have a heat wave.

Good luck smile

At the moment it looks to be in the low teens but with rain moving in. It may well change though so keep bumping closer to the time to remind me?

digerd Sat 13-Apr-13 10:27:09

It is not the air temperature that affects the body but the humidity and closeness.
We had 22 on a Tuesday, but was warned it would feel quite oppressive due to the humidity. It did, every step felt like a great effort.
2 days later we had 26, but was a clear/clean fresh dry air, and I walked with a spring in my step effortlessly.
They said it wouldn't feel as hot as the 22 we had 2 days earlier, and we did not have a chilly breeze either.

The 22 was a cloudy day and the 26 was a brilliant blue sky with dry/ fresh air.

Good luck for your marathon.

Will come back to you tomorrow smile

Loueytb3 England Fri 12-Apr-13 22:42:41

Cos I'm running the London Marathon and it would be sod's law that after the coldest marathon training season ever, we get a warm day for the race. I've been told by someone that its predicted to be 22 degrees. Please tell me they're wrong...otherwise I am screwed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now