Frustrated straining noise while eating solids...and now milk too??

(4 Posts)
baffledmummy Wed 09-Mar-16 14:49:18

Have been weaning DD since 6 mo (now 7.5 mo). She's not eating a great deal - not a fan of the spoon (except ready brek and greek yoghurt) so persisting with finger food which she will have a play with and a bit of a nibble. In the last 3 weeks after a few minutes she makes this frustrated straining noise while eating - like she needs to poo...but never results in anything...can go on for 10 minutes or more. Shes stared doing it with her milk now too today. Sometimes she continues to eat, other times refuses more food. What on earth is it? She looks really uncomfortable and her little face goes red, but never seems to result in wind or poo. Any ideas?

bakingmad83 Thu 10-Mar-16 07:06:01

Could she have any teeth coming through? My DS does similar when he's teething and I put it down to it hurting his mouth when he chews or sucks.

baffledmummy Thu 10-Mar-16 09:27:08

Yes...she perma-teething! I never thought of it being due to irritating her gums...it could well be that. I might try a teething gel before her next meal...worth a go! Thanks

bakingmad83 Thu 10-Mar-16 20:29:40

Hopefully the teething gel will do the trick if that's the problem smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now