ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Dd won't take anything off a spoon?

(6 Posts)
Chloebw Tue 01-Apr-14 22:30:37

As I said above....is this somthing I should worry about? She loves finger food! Any tips to try and get her too take it? I give her the spoon and she will play with it but clamps shut when I try!

wigglylines Tue 01-Apr-14 22:31:18

How old is she?

LizzieMint Tue 01-Apr-14 22:33:57

Don't use a spoon! I did baby-led weaning for all of my children, much much easier and more straightforward than doing puree. There's no need to spoon-feed at all, so if your DD doesn't like it, don't worry. smile

Jsa1980 Tue 01-Apr-14 22:36:17

Mine wouldn't spoon feed either so we did BLW. If I need him to eat something off of a spoon like porridge I give loaded spoons on the high chair. He soon learnt to give them back when he wanted more or throw them on the floor when he didn't.

Chloebw Tue 01-Apr-14 22:36:53

She's 9 months. I just stopped early on with spoons as the whole thing was becoming negative now and again I try but she doesn't want it

badidea Wed 02-Apr-14 08:43:21

Does she put the spoon in her mouth if it has stuff on it? If so, you could just pre-load the spoons and give them to her with stuff on it (we do that with DS2 and he happily shovels them in, mind you, it is messy... :-D

If she doesn't like it though, don't bother, fingers are the best cutlery anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now