Stupid questions please help

(5 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Sat 07-Sep-13 18:59:38

Clueless veggie here please help.
Made a big Shepard pie for my 7 month old dd will blend it down a bit but once cooled I'll put it in freezer.
How long can meat be frozen for? Once defrosted can I just cook it through on the hob or does it go back into over?
Thanks

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 07-Sep-13 19:14:07

Bump

glorious Sat 07-Sep-13 20:04:27

I'd leave cooked meat frozen a good few months, maybe 6ish? American food safety advice seems to agree www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html

Personally doubt longer would be a problem either tbh. Reheating on the hob should be fine smile

AnythingNotEverything Sat 07-Sep-13 20:13:23

It'll be fine for a few months in the freezer. If it were for adults, and you wanted it to keep its shape/mash layer, then I'd put it in the oven, as you wouldn't want to stir it on the hob.

If you made it with mince you shouldn't have to blend it much at all - any veg in it should be soft enough and mince and mash should be manageable at 7months if have thought.

glorious Sat 07-Sep-13 21:42:27

Good point about stirring, I was presuming it was all whizzed up but if not then oven obviously better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now