Soooooo many bibs! Your tips pls :)

(20 Posts)
Loislane78 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:04:00

Started weaning recently and the number of bibs we're going through - wow!!!! And who knew banana leaves black like stains, what's that about?!!

Is everyone using those silicone jobbies? What else do I need as regular bibs are too much washing and not cutting it.

TIA smile

ellangirl Sat 16-Feb-13 21:25:11

I used silly billyz bibs (loads on eBay). Only had a couple as they're not cheap, but they're quick to wash/dry and stain resistant. Often used a long sleeve one with pelican bib thing over top depending on how enthusiastic ds was with eating that day!

ceeveebee Sat 16-Feb-13 22:50:10

I use the ikea bibs, £3.50 for 2 I think, made out of a kind of nylon, they dry very quickly and cover entire arms/body

I gave up on bibs, couldn't bear them. Now I either strip her off or ignore the mess smile

Flisspaps Sat 16-Feb-13 22:51:21

I use the Poundland sleeved bibs. The ones I had for 2yo DD are now being used on DS. They go in the washing machine.?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 16-Feb-13 22:53:17

Another vote for the ikea "bibs" (more like a back to front nylon jacket) Also good for painting/messy play

Abigail9580 Sat 16-Feb-13 22:59:06

Got a brill bib from jojo, covers arms, has a plastic bit the catch food, like a pelican but not as big. A little more expensive, but a just rinse under tap with fairy after each meal and leave to dry on plate rake. Dry in about 20 mins, then washing machine it every night. Done this for a month and still as good as new. Love it!!

vamosbebe Sat 16-Feb-13 23:00:46

Third recommendation for Ikea, god I love that place!

mummybare Sat 16-Feb-13 23:04:22

This one can be rinsed or go in the washing machine. It doesn't bunch up round the baby's chin and it catches dropped bits.

Tweedledeedum Sat 16-Feb-13 23:11:26

I've tried a few and decided the best is the BabyBjorn smock www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0016ML7V2
Waterproof, elastic around wrists keeps food out and can wash in washing machine and dries quickly. Have two I rotate but they weren't cheap, but they will last and be good for arts and crafts!

spiritedaway Sat 16-Feb-13 23:14:03

Ikea again. . we only have 2, they are fab. Can even bundle up in your bag after use and contain the slop beautifully. The glamour!

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Feb-13 23:15:58

Ikea again
Muslin
Bibetta neoprene ones - seen them in Tesco.

mamababa Sat 16-Feb-13 23:16:44

Boots sell plastic crumb catcher ones I use them as they are wipe clean. The ikea ones are good but you still need to wash them although they are so thin you can prob do them in the sink

readyforno2 Sat 16-Feb-13 23:17:35

I don't bother with bibs either, my ds is a master at getting a bib off or tries to eat them and I end up either having to change him or just wipe him down.

glowfrog Sun 17-Feb-13 09:57:49

Yes I wash the Ikea ones in the sink. Mothercare does really good plain overall bibs that wash very easily, no stain has yet remained!

MiaowTheCat Sun 17-Feb-13 13:48:06

Using a tesco nylony one at the moment, with one of our old "milk" bibs underneath as it's not an awesome fit round the neck. She won't tolerate the silicone ones (annoyingly since they've got the bit to catch dropped food - but that's what the dogs' job is now).

Then I keep disposable bibs in the changing bag for when we're out and about (Poundland stock 'em) - much nicer than putting your hand in the bag for something else and ending up in a mushy bib you're transporting home for cleaning.

Loislane78 Tue 19-Feb-13 16:17:35

Thanks all - some good ideas smile

the silicone tommee tippee ones are huge, neck is far to big for my 1 yr old even though its 6m+

best ones are boots own, on buy one get one half price smile

Jayne266 Wed 20-Feb-13 18:36:53

I use the poundland long bibs for finger foods and a big Velcro big (got 5 from asda) and made sure they weren't a light colour.

roboneill02 Fri 16-May-14 08:40:28

I used silicone baby bibs. I haven't tried using bandana bibs for mealtime. I am afraid that it will get stained and be thrown away. Bandana bib is only for my daughter's drooling days. It's important for me to separate my baby bibs according to their uses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now