humongous application

(7 Posts)
ccgirr Fri 26-Aug-16 04:08:09

Hi all
We've been living abroad for a umber of years and are coming back in October. My plan was to do supply as I'd missed the jobs for this year. Now I've spotted a hod job. I can't quite believe it and am feeling cynical about why it's become available. Anyway I looked at the job spec and application and it seems soooo huge. Am I just forgetting what uk paperwork Is like or am I lazy? I know I should probably just get off my back side and apply. Should I? Not really sure why I feel in such a quandary. confused

fourcorneredcircle Fri 26-Aug-16 20:22:48

In my last LA the generic teaching job application (used by all, up to and including heads) was a generic county form. It was huge, had about 14 pages of boxes to be filled/ticked + letter of application. My current LA has a four page generic set up, then an optional one page data capture (ethnicity etc.) + letter of application. I remember it was a refreshing change... smile different LAs vary, but they pretty much all want the same thing and it's the letter of application that really sells you as much as it ever was smile

monkeysox Sat 27-Aug-16 08:45:32

They are all huuuuge. Good luck

GinandJag Sat 27-Aug-16 11:52:01

Just get started. Even if you don't finish, you will have collated facts and thoughts that will be useful for future applications. Don't be lazy! Good luck.

ccgirr Sat 27-Aug-16 18:40:36

Thanks guys. Yes you are right I need to just get my butt in gear

DellaPorter Sun 28-Aug-16 10:43:36

Is probably a vacancy caused by a resignation at the last minute, or even an internal promotion.

ccgirr Tue 30-Aug-16 05:34:41

Yes Della maybe. It seems I'm looking at the negative. Need to try harder. I printed the job description and made some notes 🙈

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now