Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Supply teachers - keeping up with developments and CPD

(7 Posts)
Appervine Fri 04-Jul-14 12:06:25

I've recently gone back to work as a part time supply teacher and, as a short term thing while my children are small, this works well for me in terms of work-life balance.

I do feel a bit left behind in terms of curriculum changes and general CPD stuff though. What do other supply teachers do? I know the unions sometimes run courses. Has anyone been on any at their own expense? Maybe I should save my money for a couple of subscriptions instead? Any recommendations? I teach primary, mostly KS2.

noblegiraffe Fri 04-Jul-14 15:00:57

Get on twitter and follow a load of lead teachers in your subject. Lots of curriculum stuff/debate/resources/links to blogs are posted daily.

Appervine Fri 04-Jul-14 16:46:12

Ah I hadn't even thought of Twitter. Will get dp to give me a tutorial. Thank you.

alwaysonmymind Fri 04-Jul-14 18:28:59

Ask your agency. Some round here run CPD for staff

Appervine Fri 04-Jul-14 19:34:51

Mine doesn't unfortunately. It's just a one woman set up. Thanks though.

chocoshopoholic Fri 04-Jul-14 19:39:31

Most unis with teacher training departments run CPD courses open to supply teachers too.

Appervine Mon 07-Jul-14 20:44:06

Will investigate. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now