End of term treat - what to do?

(5 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 10-May-14 16:14:54

I work in a small rural school (60 pupils) where, at the end of every term, we organise a treat for all those pupils who have behaved consistently well over the term.

We're stuck for ideas for the last one. So far we have:

Made pizzas and crêpes at a local restaurant.
Made clay pots.
Easter egg hunt and crafts.

We need inspiration for something cheap, but special! We'd like to do something outdoors, but the great Scottish weather means that might not be feasible.

Any ideas?

NoIamAngelaHernandez Sat 10-May-14 16:17:19

Camping afternoon/ evening
Set up camp
Camp fire / stories
BBQ ?

PurpleAlert Wed 14-May-14 06:53:13

Geocaching? Work in teams for a prize?

Euphemia Wed 14-May-14 07:00:34

Geocaching sounds fun - we have really good school grounds with lots of places to hide things. smile

I'm liking camp fire too - I used to be a Rainbow and Brownie leader so I know lots of songs. smile

TinyDiamond Wed 14-May-14 16:54:51

Slightly different but how about a treasure hunt? Do families get involved or is it just the pupils? If so they could choose their own teams, you can get loads of different prizes and clues and then a bigger prize for the winning team, fastest, most things collected etc.

Or an indoor picnic fete style. You could decorate the hall with paper rings, bunting, streamers etc and have sandwiches/crisps on blankets and have music on etc. Maybe some silly games and songs.

Or if you could make it dark you could have a cinema screening. make lots of microwave popcorn in big bowls and they could have a vote on which film to watch. Although might be better to do something where they can make noise rather than having to be quiet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now