Secondary MFL teachers - recommendations needed

(9 Posts)

I'm looking for books about teaching, methodology, classroom behaviour and classroom skills "must haves".

I gained my qualifications abroad and don't know where to start looking.

Thanks!

noblegiraffe Tue 14-Jan-14 18:47:18

I'm not MFL but Michael Marland's Craft of the Classroom is old but good for non-subject-specific advice on how to run and manage your classroom.

Thanks, that sounds like what I'm looking for.

Any MFL specific tips also welcome!

Corkle Thu 16-Jan-14 14:20:23

The best source of ideas and development for me recently has been twitter - there's a really strong community of mfl teachers. Have a look for #mfltwitterati and start by following Joe Dale

Thanks!

Brookville Sun 26-Jan-14 20:26:18

Eric Jensen's stuff on brain based learning is good. And practical in our subject as you have lots of short bits in your lesson. I have used TEFL resources in past as the ideas are really creative. There's a good book called Grammar Practice Activities by Penny Ur. MFL Sunderland schools has a good website. BBC Learning zone clips is good too.

LurkingCinners Wed 29-Jan-14 06:32:41

Oh hello brookville, thanks for that!

Commented on your thread in Chat (may have nc'ed since, can't remember) about small dc and 0.6 over 3 days.
I just managed to get a 0.7 maternity cover spread over 5 days. If that is madness I shall soon be finding out. Starting Monday shock

My youngest dc is reception, the others secondary.

LurkingCinners Wed 29-Jan-14 06:33:31

Erm yes, I nc'd smile it's early <yawn>

Brookville Wed 29-Jan-14 21:49:44

Good Luck Lurking, from what I'm reading it sounds like 5 days might be better as you'll have only a few more lessons than me but spread and since you've got to be in work there's nothing else you can do but chat and make coffee work grin
I think I need to give myself a bit longer to settle in. Swallow pride and get a few people to watch me teach swallows fist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now