dreading going back

(27 Posts)
sparklingstars Tue 27-Aug-13 14:26:52

Is it just me who is dreading going back to work after the lovely long holidays?

puffinnuffin Tue 27-Aug-13 15:24:48

Yes struggling to get motivated!

Beccadugs Tue 27-Aug-13 15:27:26

Absolutely dreading it. Need to sort out washing and work clothes etc. no motivation at all!!

RegainingUnconsciousness Tue 27-Aug-13 15:28:26

I'm looking forward to going back, but I can't find the motivation to do a bunch of work that would make the process much more enjoyable.

Right now, my notepad is under the iPad I'm MNing on! The laptop is next to me and closed. DS is quietly watching a film.

It's the perfect time, but here I am, whiling away the time.

And then I think to myself - its ok, I should make the most of this downtime before the mania of term time kicks off. I owe it to myself to relax just a little bit longer!

sparklingstars Tue 27-Aug-13 16:50:19

I feel the same way, and I owe it to my DCs as well don't I?

I'm wasting time ( I should be working ) dreaming about a lottery win! Got inspection looming in first couple if months and head teachers report and meeting to look forward too !

I am dreading Monday! hmm

Arisbottle Wed 28-Aug-13 10:19:08

I am dreading it, am pregnant and exhausted, really do not know how I am going to cope

GetStuffezd Wed 28-Aug-13 10:22:40

I'm quite looking forward but this is largely due to extreme boredom. I do have a fab year 6 class coming to me though. I'm actually looking forward more to getting paid on Friday and going on a charity shop run for some nice work tops.

I like teaching the children so looking forward to that bit but my HOD is a miserable bugger who only criticises and never praises any of his staff. Am not looking forward to the negativity.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 31-Aug-13 13:56:17

I've finally done some work! I was feeling very pleased with myself last night when I'd planned over a fortnight of lessons for two year 8 classes.

Until I thought properly and realised this was only 3 actual lessons.

I'm destined to be continually behind again.

(Those 3 are pretty epic though - come on ofsted)

orangeandemons Sat 31-Aug-13 13:58:25

Ugh dreading it. Feel like execution day, and then there is the pep talk on the first day...

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 31-Aug-13 14:16:29

The pep talk! Is that the one that goes "our results were excellent, but also awful, this year we need to get 150% of children to A**"

ladymalfoy Sat 31-Aug-13 18:29:56

Oh God the pep talk. And then the PP with the results because they really aren't trying to pit each department against each other. And the fact that there is always something that the pupils need that hasn't arrived like planners or chairs.

Euphemia Sat 31-Aug-13 21:23:31

We're three weeks in in my part of Scotland and we're all exhausted! grin

I have P1, who have another week of half days and they're exhausted! Goodness knows how they'll handle full days. confused I have a composite class, so I've had nice quiet afternoons with my P2s - the whole class together all day will be ... interesting!

Ah well, my holiday countdown timer is showing 34 days until the next holidays ... smile

LuvMyBoyz Sat 31-Aug-13 22:24:58

We were put into special measures just before we broke up...usually quite happy to go back (spend far too much when not at school!) but am very nervous of the process ahead of us. Deep breaths...

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Sat 31-Aug-13 22:42:20

Good luck Luv
Loving the holiday countdown timer...though I usually go through term blissfully unaware and then somebody will tell me it's only a week until half term and it's wonderful smile

LizzieVereker Sun 01-Sep-13 11:56:48

I am a bit nervous as starting at a new school tomorrow, so have only a vague idea of what's going on...new job is a bit more senior so I am worried about displaying sufficient "gravitas" - a quality which is not my normal default setting confused

I also haven't worn anything approaching a proper shoe for 6 weeks, and have only worn make up once in 6 weeks, so am fully expecting to be lame and spotty by 5pm tomorrow.

Arisbottle - it's not like you to sound disheartened, I hope you are OK thanks

SDhopeful Sun 01-Sep-13 19:06:18

*The pep talk! Is that the one that goes "our results were excellent, but also awful, this year we need to get 150% of children to A*"
grin grin

littlestressy Sun 01-Sep-13 20:16:55

I've got that funny feeling in my tummy!!! Not nervous, just the thought of getting up early again, making my lunch, dressing properly etc!

I have a more senior position this year and am feeling a bit nervous about this, I know I can do the job, just feel a bit gulpy.

Astr0naut Sun 01-Sep-13 20:35:59

kind of looking forward to it, cos 6 weeks with 2 under 4 has been hard.

Not looking forward to ofsted coming to put us in sm (results are stagnant), more panic about falling numbers (jump ship or ride it out? ) and the whole juggling act of my little people's need vs my big kids.

Astr0naut Sun 01-Sep-13 20:36:49

luckily, I've been up at 6 every day, so early mornings pose no fear! grin

Arisbottle Mon 02-Sep-13 01:04:28

Thanks Lizzie, that is kind if you to say so. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy a bit overtired and hormonal. My body clock is all over the place - hence me typing Way in here at 1am when I need to be up at 6am! We also had a miscarraige last year and I guess that is on my mind. I am looking forward to the teaching, just worried how I am going to cope.

I'm dreading it too. SLT aren't appointing a new HoD until Jan. They know I want it, so yesterday gave me all the departmental data analysis to do for next week. Have to present to the department and possibly also add yet more unnecessary details to a SoW. I'm stressed and I haven't seen a single pupil yet!

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Mon 02-Sep-13 09:19:22

Good luck Matchsticks Are you sure you want it if you feel so stressed though? A friend is a HoD and is so stressed it is unbelievable sad

I need the money as I'm a lone parent. ExH is taking the kids for a couple of hours this afternoon so I can get some more of it done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now