do you occasionally entertain yourself (KS4) by helping YOUR kid

(12 Posts)
Themumsnot Fri 30-Nov-12 08:53:03

I try to step away from my children's homework - they don't like it when I take over help. It did wind me up when DD1 (Y11) did a really excellent piece (A* standard) with no input from me at all and the teacher accused her of having plagarised it from tinternet.

EcoLady Fri 30-Nov-12 00:40:25

GliyKnit - Assessing Pupil Progress. A formulaic way of tracking Levels, much favoured in many Primaries.

MoreBeta Thu 29-Nov-12 20:58:22

Not a teacher but DS1 got an 'A' for a still life in ink and water colour last week and I was very pleased. I am hoping I we he gets another one for his sepia tinted effort this week. grin

Not sure I will be able to avoid blusing when I see his art teacher though.

blush

HumphreyCobbler Thu 29-Nov-12 20:50:17

FIL was most annoyed to only get a B on DH's Roman project.

He has a degree in Classics from Cambridge grin

GlitKnit Thu 29-Nov-12 20:45:35

I don't know what app is. Is that new ?

EcoLady Thu 29-Nov-12 18:59:55

My DS's teacher loves it (not!) when I write detailed comments on his homework, couched in APP terminology.

FourArms Wed 28-Nov-12 20:43:35

DS1 gets a bit cross when I help him with KS4 answers.... he's KS2 so my help is probably a bit OTT!

I'm always a bit surprised when two kids I teach turn in bad homework as I know their parents teach my subject.

GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 17:51:06

ahem

SHE? ;)

mummytime Wed 28-Nov-12 17:50:39

Oh yes! I have got very cross when I over helped my DD and she didn't get the mark she should have.

GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 17:36:47

LOL
its so bad. obv not every time. but fucking teachers ;)

YDdraigGoch Wed 28-Nov-12 17:34:02

Not a teacher, but get very upset when my homework is marked down. DH and I are very competitive!

GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 17:28:40

with your own subjects homework.. then get a bit carried away and regard it as YOUR WORK and HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE YOU FULL MARKS

asking for a friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now