My Little Cat hasn't come home

(29 Posts)
LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 16:11:53

I know it's silly and both cats have gone missing before and come back but I'm still worried.
Little cat is 16 months old and I last saw her yesterday afternoon in the garden.
She normally comes in at night any when between 9pm and midnight, but no sign of her last night. I got up at 1.30am to go and see if she was waiting but no sign. sad
It's raining and cold now and I've been calling her all day. Big cat (11 years) has half heartedly looked out the window and has wondered round the garden as though he's looking for her.

I hope she's ok, it's horrible isn't it, little buggers cause so must worry when they go missing.

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 19:37:37

Still no sign sad

cozietoesie Mon 24-Oct-16 19:48:47

Oh dear. sad

Is she chipped, neutered and all those good things?

torthecatlady Mon 24-Oct-16 19:49:23

It's awful isn't it? My boy disappeared for 3 days and 2 nights recently. I was beside myself with worry. He eventually wandered home as if nothing had happened.

I hope she comes home soon! She may have found somewhere cozy, or even got locked in a garage or shed? flowers

cozietoesie Mon 24-Oct-16 19:50:45

Little blighter. They positively saunter in don't they?

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 19:58:23

Thanks, yes she's chipped and neutered.
I just keep calling her. Went round the streets calling her earlier.
Old cat has been sat at the back door gazing out sad

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 19:59:57

Doesn't help that it's now pitch black out, and she's black too hmm

HelenaDove Mon 24-Oct-16 20:15:23

Hope she is home with you soon Lavendar. Shes a beauty.

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 20:19:14

Thanks helena

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 20:23:17

Oh helena I've just read your thread, I am so sorry sad what a beautiful cat💜

Blackfellpony Mon 24-Oct-16 20:40:44

Hope she comes home for you.

Mines been missing 8 days and I'm 90% sure something awful happened to him. The not knowing is awful isn't it sad

HelenaDove Mon 24-Oct-16 20:43:01

Thankyou Lavender. thanks

baggysoobs Mon 24-Oct-16 20:45:15

My little cat went missing recently and I was really fearing the worst but she came back after 5 days like nothing had happened. If you have pet insurance call them in the morning to see if you have lost /missing cover. Mine paid a company directly to get a load of posters and leaflets done which were couriered to me the next day.

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:36:52

If you have a torch it can help reflect off the eyes when it's dark. Black cats are so beautiful but so difficult to spot. They seem to blend into shadows even in day light. Fingers crossed for you.

MoonfaceAndSilky Mon 24-Oct-16 21:49:21

Hope she comes back soon. It's a dreadful feeling, isn't it. sad
Can you pop a little note into your neighbour's letterboxes, tomorrow, asking them to check sheds/garages?

Don't give up Blackfellpony one of my cats turned up four months after she went missing.

EwanWhosearmy Mon 24-Oct-16 22:27:44

Have you got a local lost and found pets Facebook page? Our old lady disappeared and I put a message on there. Somebody saw it who'd seen a Found message on another site, and we got her back.

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 22:52:35

She's home! Me and DH just executed a rescue mission!
I went out at 9pm calling her name and could hear mewing. It got louder as I called hershock
It was coming from gardens at the back of us.I went round and located a shed. The house was in darkness so I went up the side of the house and could see her in the padlocked shed, she was mewing her heart outsad
Called DH and he was able to hold the bottom of the door open enough for her to get out. She just sat on the path so I picked her up and carried her home.
She was very hungry and is now on the bed between me an DHblush
Poor thing must have been in there for over 24 hours.
just hope I'm not on crimewatchgrin
Thanks for all your kind words.
blackfellpony our old boy went missing for 10 days once, he strolled in very hungry but was fine. Don't give up hope!flowers

BigcatLittlecat Mon 24-Oct-16 22:55:32

Fantastic!!

cozietoesie Mon 24-Oct-16 22:57:02

Excellent! smile

OhTheRoses Mon 24-Oct-16 22:58:01

Yay. I was scrolling down to post go out and listen at shed/garage doors!!!!!!!

What a happy reliefthlgrin

AmberNectarine Mon 24-Oct-16 23:00:51

Oh wonderful news grin

LavenderRains Mon 24-Oct-16 23:04:20

Thank you! I'm just glad the shed was old. I was ready to break the windows. DH was getting embarrassed blush

baggysoobs Mon 24-Oct-16 23:46:56

Great news! So pleased she is safe and back with you x

MoonfaceAndSilky Mon 24-Oct-16 23:52:39

Oh fantastic. Thank God you heard her.

MsMims Tue 25-Oct-16 00:29:02

So pleased for you! Well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now