Grain free dry food?

(6 Posts)
miggleswiff Fri 23-Sep-16 10:51:31

I have recently had my eyes opened about how rubbish supermarket cat food is and have swapped wet food from Felix to Bozita.

I was feeding Royal Canin dry food but am now wondering if I should swap to a grain free dry food as well? She doesn't seem to eat a huge amount of biscuits but I don't want to give her something that isn't very good for her.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Sep-16 16:19:16

Applaws is good, as is Orijin. Both have high a meat content, and no cereals.

You can buy then both online - I get mine from Zooplus.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 23-Sep-16 16:43:02

Arden Grange Salmon Potato is the one I use and my cats love it even to the pint of breaking into the box.

iloveeverykindofcat Sat 24-Sep-16 14:51:06

Thrive has been very good for us up till now, but Zara has been having loose stool lately, so maybe I'll be changing my reccomendations soon! About to try Lily's Kitchen

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 26-Sep-16 10:15:23

Mine loves the James Wellbeloved one.

Out of interest, has anyone noticed their cat's poo smells less on a grain-free diet? My cat rarely uses the litter tray, but before, I would smell the contents from my room if she used it in the night (she'd try and persuade me to let her out first, so I'd be awake anyway). Since removing the grain I've not known about it til I've seen it. Am wondering if it's a coincidence or causal.

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 26-Sep-16 12:03:26

Definitely - raw by nature's menu produces the best stool of all, but I'm still working on getting Z to eat only that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now