Please keep your fingers crossed!

(7 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 10-Aug-16 11:31:32

My friend has been caring for a stray cat for quite a while and last week Cats Protection lent her a trap to catch him. After a few false alarms (trap closed twice but no cat and then the wrong cat!) he's finally been trapped. She dropped him off at the vet this morning and then he's off to CP, who have reserved him a pen.

Please send him positive thoughts and keep your fingers crossed that he's healthy and can go off to his forever home. I know there's a high chance he's got FIV as he's a stray Tom who hasn't been done but hopefully he'll get a good home now.

cozietoesie Wed 10-Aug-16 11:40:54

Good for her. She has no desire to give him that home herself, though?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 10-Aug-16 11:59:37

She can't unfortunately. She already has a cat and the stray attacked hers. It resulted in hundreds of pounds worth of vets fees (thankfully covered by insurance) and her already very nervous cat was traumatised.

Hopefully when he's neutered and had a bit of love he'll settle.

cozietoesie Wed 10-Aug-16 12:35:38

Fingers crossed then. She's given him a good chance at least. smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 10-Aug-16 14:44:44

Good news! He's FIV negative and is being neutered as we speak! Fingers crossed he gets the home he deserves - from what my friend knows he was abandoned by his previous owners when they moved house angry

cozietoesie Wed 10-Aug-16 14:50:15

I'm pretty certain that The Lodger was abandoned, as a very young cat/near kitten, by his first owners when they moved home. He survived and now has a home and family. There are plenty who don't though.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 10-Aug-16 14:56:41

We think the same thing happened to William. He had obviously been someone's cat as he was neutered but by the time he came to us he had so many problems that might have been prevented if he'd been cared for.

I hate people who do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now