Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

think its time to say goodbye :(

(6 Posts)
typoqueen Fri 29-Aug-14 17:27:15

my beautiful old boy of 23 has been diagnosed with FIP (wet type) he has a belly like a football, but he still eating/drinking and wanting a fuss, a little wobbly on his old legs and manages to give his famous silent meow's, the vet says he is not in pain, but im not sure I can cope with seeing him like this, slowly getting worse. Its breaking my heart sad

cozietoesie Fri 29-Aug-14 17:59:40

What a grand age to reach.

My own view is that I'd let him go while the sun was still shining for him and before he was in bad trouble. I left it a bit too late with Darling Twoago and I've always regretted that I didn't act sooner.

timtam23 Fri 29-Aug-14 21:51:12

How wonderful that he has reached 23!

I agree with cozie - if the decision is inevitable, don't leave it too long (I left it a day or so too long with my 18 yr old girl cat and I still well up when I think about seeing her so unwell)

Sorry that you are going through a difficult time flowers

typoqueen Sun 31-Aug-14 19:42:28

we called the vet out last night to do the inevitable, my beautiful old boy, passed away curled up on my lap sad

cozietoesie Sun 31-Aug-14 20:41:33

So sorry typoqueen. It was a loving action to take though and the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Take care.

timtam23 Sun 31-Aug-14 21:50:42

Very sorry to hear that, typoqueen, but it sounds like you made absolutely the right decision and everything was done with love & compassion flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now