Can cats out grow a cat flap!?

(13 Posts)

We paid a rather whopping £170 off quid to get two cat flaps and have them fitted as had two doors that needed to be accessed. One is a chip operated the other a bog standard old fashioned flap.

Our ginger tom has gone from a kitten the size of a guinee pig to an almost adult looking cat in just under 5 months. Am now worried he will out grow cat flat! I don't think they make bigger ones and we can't afford it anyway do they just cope??

Thanks

Two of my cats are hugely fat (I'm so ashamed - I'm such a bad cat mother) but anyway they both manage to get through a standard flap (and really there can't be many cats bigger than them). It's a bit of a squeeze but they manage it

Mogz Sun 29-Sep-13 08:39:47

If he can get his head through it he'll be fine. Both our cats are bigger than average but use the microchip cat flap.

readysteady Sun 29-Sep-13 08:46:41

They can out fat a cat flap smile

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 08:51:47

Naughty TCN. How did they get so podgy?

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 08:59:56

Listed as notfunny - and they really aren't. These guys might have trouble with a flap but I'm sure yours aren't in the same state, Italian.

Cozie those can't be real!!!!

No mine s svelte compared to those!

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 09:56:44

I fear they are.

Admittedly extreme examples but I seem to recall Lonecat commenting on the number of overweight cats around.

I'm glad your boy is svelte in comparison.

Sparklingbrook Sun 29-Sep-13 10:00:47

i don't get the over weight cat thing. I thought they controlled their eating.

But they do exist.

DidoTheDodo Sun 29-Sep-13 16:43:23

Next door's cat (rather a portly old fellow, RIP) was seen pottering round his garden wearing his cat flap as a rather fetching belt!

MrsMongoose Sun 29-Sep-13 16:46:55

Nah my cats are huge and they still fit. Cats are good and squeezing through places, your flap will be fine.

Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now