Limiting the mud.

(26 Posts)
pinkbear82 Tue 28-Jan-14 10:16:55

I know this is probably a mission impossible scenario but I thought I would ask you wise people before I give up hope altogether.

I have two dogs, a springer and a huntaway x springer. How do I limit the mud they bring in from the garden?!

The grassed area is fenced off so they can't get up there, unless allowed. We have just put netting over the rockery to limit that mud bath.

The main area they have access to out the back is slabed. How do you stop/limit what they drag in?

After walks etc paws are wiped but I can't allow them free access to the garden, when home, and wipe every single time the are in and out.

Have you got a fab mud sucking mat or any other tips?!

pinkbear82 Fri 31-Jan-14 21:53:33

The old duvet cover down by the door is working quite well, also the dogs will lay on that and stick their nose out of the open door quite content rather than out in the puddles or mud piles they create from somewhere!

Although today the cat topped it off by somehow managing to come in the front door, up the stairs, no prints, jumped onto my clean cream bedding and clearly proceeded to do some kind of mud dance and leave paw prints everywhere...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now