Wa-hey - registered with a breed rescue today!

(9 Posts)

Thought about poodle crosses, but the no-shed thing is paramount. I couldn't guarantee that with a cross-breed. Small size and exercise requirements are right up there, too. Toy poodles tick all my boxes, really.

Ds will love the bouncing. I must remember that things I've put 'out of the dog's way' might not be!

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 30-Apr-13 08:59:08

Ha ha I don't think they'd jump a fence!

The dog I know is bouncy, and just keeps springing up and down. Up to my shoulder, was quite a surprise. I'm short at 5'3 though smile

Have you thought about a poodle cross too? You may get one quicker that way I guess, widening your options!

Sorry - that wasn't very clear. I meant, I don't mind which colour, or which sex. I do go all melty over black or grey ones, but I can see myself transferring that to any other colour. They all make me smile.

Ah, I couldn't cope with a pug, in that case: I need a low allergen breed. Bit worried about the regular grooming they need, so am going to find out more about that too.

No colour or sex specification and we forgot to discuss age. I'd be happy with decrepit old thing, but the DC need one who can keep up.

How high, exactly?? I hadn't realised they could do that! They won't jump a 6 ft fence, will they? Next door's labs might eat it!

HousewifeFromHeaven Mon 29-Apr-13 23:10:19

Yes I will I expect everyone will be bored of hearing about him soon!

My friend has a poodle and he's very cute. Can jump much higher than I would have thought grin

At least they don't shed, pugs (especially fawn) constantly drop hair. Did you specify any colour, age etc?

Ha ha - poor pug.grin Post all about your new puppy! I'd love to hear more.

Toy poodle. 'About a year' would be good, although that's coming from me. Ds would like, 'about now' but I have a lot of reading to do on the topic.

HousewifeFromHeaven Mon 29-Apr-13 22:54:42

My older pug is blissfully unaware of the coming storm grin

HousewifeFromHeaven Mon 29-Apr-13 22:51:44

I was on the list for a year or so I think, am getting a puppy on Wednesday!!

Which breed is it? Mine is a pug

Just that, really. We are now 'on their list'. No idea how long it will take, but it feels like we're that little bit nearer to having a dog. The DC are, naturally overexcited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now