I bought a dog drying bag. It might have changed my life.

(67 Posts)

Oh. My. God. Ok, so he looks ridiculous. Yes, he rolls around like Houdini attempting to escape a straitjacket. Ok, so he glares at me in utter disgust. BUT, I put one muddy, wet dog in to it, and 40 minutes later I removed a dry clean dog. It's some kind of voodoo/witchcraft, obviously, but I don't care. I didn't have to power hose the kitchen.

digerd Fri 22-Feb-13 13:57:32

Did nobody have trouble with the enormous stiff zip?
I bought another one from Ebay, but has no zip, in micro fibre. slips over the head and is stretchy, but is like a cloak. Little dog looks calm, if a bit "what's that then?" She can walk in it but as so small she kept tripping up it. She looks proper posh in it and is laid on the floor in it now. No good for muddy paws though as open at the bottom.
Shall use it after a bath.

you are welcome purple ours is in the cupboard and we use it as a towel, not a dog bag. The hassle is just too much!

And my GSD is quite leggy and long and while it fits him, its just a PITA. I can get him dried easier and quicker with a couple of smaller towels, one for feet/legs, one for back/head/tummy. He knows when it is drying time and stands nicely and follows all commands for body parts getting dried.

Floralnomad Sun 24-Feb-13 14:38:13

Mine won't sit still long enough and trashed his . I made a similar type thing out of a coat ( human coat ) to use in the car . Put the coat ,no hood, on back to front with front paws down the arms and zip up the dogs back ( so he can wear his seat belt) , sitting on a blanket on the seat so by the time he's home from a dip in the sea he's dry . Mine doesn't mind being zipped into anything as long as he can walk IYSWIM.

Grockle Sun 24-Feb-13 14:43:50

I love this idea but I cannot imagine persuading a very wet & muddy border collie type into it.

Grockle Sun 24-Feb-13 14:44:40

A human coat is a good idea. I might try that.

digerd Mon 25-Feb-13 09:49:44

Our dog walks here are all dry at the moment, but don't know for how long.

pinkpaws Tue 26-Feb-13 14:57:40

Hi can i just check where do i get one said doggy drying bag and how does it work . Do they come in all sizes.

DystopianReality Tue 26-Feb-13 15:05:39

I've just measured and ordered it!
On another note, any ideas for doggy bad breath? He won't take any of the generic preparations and I put one (small!) dose of BD12 in his water last night in desparation.

digerd Tue 26-Feb-13 17:24:23

What are you feeding him? I gave my dogs dried food and they never had bad breath.

digerd Tue 26-Feb-13 17:28:21

ps
He might need his teeth cleaning?

DystopianReality Tue 26-Feb-13 17:42:32

He has dried food, Iams, always has done and he simply won't tolerate a toothbrush anywhere near him. BTW he is the sweetest natured cavalier, so not aggressive but he just swerves his head away and clamps his mouth shut.

Grockle Tue 26-Feb-13 18:36:12

My dog usually, she eats bones & raw meat & is fine. Her coat is glossy & smooth but when I run out, she has dried/ tinned food & then has smelly breath (& fur). Yuck!

SillyTilly123 Tue 19-Mar-13 19:56:50

Ordered the size 4 today for my 7 month lab x springer but too small, have sent it to be exchanged for size 5.

SillyTilly123 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:54:51

Heres a pic of Tilly in hers not looking impressed smile

[link removed by MNHQ as it inadvertently linked to poster's address - in addition to the pic of the rather lovely Tilly]

grin

Smudgedog Tue 13-May-14 14:34:44

Our dog won't entertain the bag - he is sooo scared of it. But we have an amazing towelling rug dring coat - not cheap but they last for years and it dries our heavy coated dog really fast. We pop it on for car journey home and he is dry by time we get there - also means if he shakes himself ( as he always does!) i don'tt get a mud spattered car. Brilliant! It's from countrymun.com but also on amazon i think. Now i guess we need a paw plunger - hadnt heard of those till i read this thread smile

melaniecassidy Wed 20-Aug-14 16:39:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now