Anyone going to Crufts?

(18 Posts)
TeaOneSugar Tue 12-Feb-13 21:09:06

I've just booked tickets for me and DD and we're unreasonable excited.

We're going on gun dog day smile

Piffle Tue 12-Feb-13 22:27:39

Me... Showing on Hound Day... The Thursday...

TeaOneSugar Tue 12-Feb-13 22:37:07

Luckily the gun dog day is Saturday so no day off needed, dd is excited about discover dogs.

TeaOneSugar Tue 12-Feb-13 22:38:15

What breed are you showing?

Piffle Tue 12-Feb-13 22:48:27

Ridgeback, just the one though I have 2 qualified

TeaOneSugar Tue 12-Feb-13 22:59:17

My Cocker has fallen in love with a lovely ridgeback at his training class, absolutely besotted.

twojues Wed 13-Feb-13 09:16:39

I'm there on gundog day. Showing my toller.
You'll have to come and watch us. His Mum, Dad and sister are competing too smile

Piffle Wed 13-Feb-13 12:33:33

What is the Ridgeback called? I prob know it LOL

Baffledandbewildered Wed 13-Feb-13 13:21:01

I'm there on gundog day showing Irish and Gordon setters and in the breeder competition final ! I hate Saturdays as its so busy sad

TeaOneSugar Wed 13-Feb-13 18:36:50

The Ridgeback's called Milo, he's recently come from a rescue, lovely dog.

Baffledandbewildered Wed 13-Feb-13 20:35:50

Sorry should have said Saturday has a great atmosphere just hard work with 6 dogs and 6 cages !!!!!

TeaOneSugar Wed 13-Feb-13 21:21:05

That sounds like a handful

I'm planning to take lunch with us, remembering what the queues for food can be like at the NEC.

kitsmummy Wed 13-Feb-13 21:26:51

I'm there friday and saturday with my sister who will be on the K-9 Design grooming stand!

saintmerryweather Wed 13-Feb-13 22:47:56

im there on friday with my mum showing her utility dog. abc agility is on friday too apparently so lookingvforward to that!

MrsPlopperson Thu 14-Feb-13 12:05:29

I am thinking about going to Crufts this year (I have only been once, about 15 years ago). I could either go on Thursday with baby in pram or on Friday with baby in pram and toddler.

I guess the visit would be more for me, but I do think my toddler would like to walk around and see the dogs/agility type displays etc.

What is holding me back from booking at the moment, it the fear that it will be too busy to enjoy. Does anyone who has been more recently than me have any thoughts on whether Crufts with baby/toddler would work, or whether it would be a complete nightmare navigating a pram and a toddler on the loose round?

Thanks in advance.

TeaOneSugar Sat 16-Feb-13 13:03:41

I haven't been to crufts at a weekend, but I've been during the week (although years ago) and to other shows on Saturdays and the the things I'd consider are,

- The car parks are massive and so is the NEC so you can have quite a trek from the car to the hall(s) you want to be in, especially is you're not their first thing.
- You'll do a lot of walking if you want to look around discover dogs and the trade stands.
- Lunchtime is very busy, queue's for the cafes and take-away places are huge and slow, and even if you take your own food (which we'll be doing) you might struggle to find somewhere to sit, if you need a high chair for the baby that might be tricky, worth calling the NEC in advance for some advice.

I agree baffled. I much prefer Thursday or Friday!

fairimum Mon 25-Feb-13 16:08:39

I am supposed to be going saturday and wondering if it will be managable to keep dd 4 months (but 7 weeks prem) in the sling all day....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now