the secret life of dogs on tv now

(17 Posts)
giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Thu 31-Jan-13 21:21:18

It is really great!

DreamingOfTheMaldives Thu 31-Jan-13 21:27:42

Dogs truly are amazing. Me and mine are having sofa snuggles while watching this. It's making me broody for puppies though!

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Thu 31-Jan-13 21:53:24

I like dogs, but don't have them. Am absolutely glued to this programme though!

DreamingOfTheMaldives Thu 31-Jan-13 22:01:13

The man in the wheelchair with his Labrador had me and my husband in tears!

I cried too

DeDevilTail Thu 31-Jan-13 22:04:45

There'a a book about [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endal-Extraordinary-Brought-Family-Brink/dp/0007303009 Endal and his owner]]

Aren't dogs marvellous? smile

DeDevilTail Thu 31-Jan-13 22:05:16

DD and I watched this and I was completely in awe when he spoke about the accident he had (hit by a car) -the dog was injured too but managed to get the man's blanket,mobile phone and help from (pub IIRC) .

Amazing animal.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Fri 01-Feb-13 07:00:10

And the dog got the VC!

I may have to buy that book, although I imagine its a cryer and being pg I may flood the house!

Cuebill Fri 01-Feb-13 08:07:58

endals webpage

Allen Parton (Endals owner) is very heavily involved in Hounds for Heroes a charity that supports service men and women who sustain injuries with assistance dogs.

If you are feeling generous or want a charity to support.......

hounds for heroes here

SpicyPear Fri 01-Feb-13 09:09:35

I generally didn't think much of the programme as it was so basic, but I sobbed like a baby for Endal and will definitely look to support Hounds for Heroes in the future so glad I watched it.

Shame that the dog haters wouldn't have watched this, might have changed their minds about these amazing animals.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Fri 01-Feb-13 12:09:16

That's exactly what I thought Toughas. I remember seeing a thread a few weeks ago where someone called dogs pointless creatures. Grrrrrr! I wonder if they would still have said that had they seen the programme.

I will have a look at the hounds for heroes website, thanks

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Fri 01-Feb-13 12:55:00

Is it true about the yawning thing? I yawned at my dog last night wen I saw that bit and he started to yawn back but then stopped confused what does that mean? Are just mates? Not best friends?

SpicyPear Fri 01-Feb-13 13:16:41

That yawning thinf annoyed me a bit as it's also a calming signal and can be a sign of being uncomfortable. So people might think rhe dog is loving them when it is actually trying to say leave me alone!

DreamingOfTheMaldives Fri 01-Feb-13 15:14:37

Very true SpicyPear. My dog yawns when I am trying to clean his ears out and it definitely isn't because he thinks I'm his best friend at that moment in time!

RedwingWinter Fri 01-Feb-13 16:36:36

I enjoyed it but it was quite dumbed down. I would love to see a similar programme about the science of dog behaviour. And about cats, too, since cats are misunderstood even more than dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now