Netflix The Get Down anyone watched this???

(11 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Tue 30-Aug-16 22:54:11

or fancy watching this. Looking for a new Netflix series following Stranger Things thinking I might try this.

JenLindleyShitMom Tue 30-Aug-16 22:57:23

Following. Also just finished stranger things. Loved it.

Reiltin Tue 30-Aug-16 23:00:58

I'm on episode 5 and really enjoying it. The Get Down, that is smile

JedRambosteen Tue 30-Aug-16 23:02:49

What is it about? (I need another boxset.)

BreakfastLunchPasta Tue 30-Aug-16 23:05:51

My friend (with good taste) has recommended it, she said the soundtrack is brilliant too. I'm going to start watching it with wine on Friday 🍷🍷

BreakfastLunchPasta Tue 30-Aug-16 23:07:20

Oops, I was not trying to flatter myself with the 'good taste' comment blush

piiloveacuddle Tue 30-Aug-16 23:10:17

It's brilliant, we were craving it the next day after eat fun it. Beautiful filming and the characters and concept very interesting.

piiloveacuddle Tue 30-Aug-16 23:10:45

Watching not "eat fun " confused

Dickorydockwhatthe Wed 31-Aug-16 00:35:23

Well dh kept chatting throughout clearly not interested so I will try again on my own this time!!! I have no idea what it is about but quite liked the soundtrack :-). Would you say it is a slow burner or was you hooked,form first episide?

piiloveacuddle Wed 31-Aug-16 15:38:19

Well we started watching from second episode as was watching with someone who already started and it was a definite instant hook

desperatehousewife21 Wed 31-Aug-16 17:24:56

Have watched the whole series of the get down. I don't know if the footage throughout of 70s New York is real or not but I love it!

Yep the music is fab and it's an era and neighbourhood I'd never know anything about otherwise! Can't wait for series 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now