Eastenders - worst characters

(15 Posts)
HeyJules2 Sat 24-May-14 14:32:49

I was going to post this on the main thread but thought it may get a bit too muddled

Over the years, who do you think have been the most boring/pointless characters? I only started watching around 1999 and stopped I think around 2004. It was around the time with billy and Honey when she had the little girl with Down's syndrome. Started watching again about a year ago.

Since I've been watching I think my least favourites are Alice and Poppy. Just couldn't stand either of them!

Dickorydockwhatthe Sat 24-May-14 23:07:12

Tamwa if that's how you spell it so so boring

Harrin Sat 24-May-14 23:52:07

Jodie, Poppy's friend. Equally annoying! And Sonia, don't know why

Harrin Sat 24-May-14 23:53:45

Oh and Zoe used to irritate me with her goody two shoes act all the time. I've probably got loads tbh grin

rubyflipper Sat 24-May-14 23:58:26

Sharon. Why is she back on Albert Square?

flisscat Sun 25-May-14 00:42:59

Poppy - Honey recycled (did EE think we wouldn't notice)

Lauren - love of eyeliner and shrill voice and mannerisms make her sound like long lost sister to Captain Jack Sparrow.

Alfie - so so annoying and irritating.

flisscat Sun 25-May-14 00:44:08

Fatboy (Fats?) Irritating and pointless.

misstiredbuthappy Sun 25-May-14 10:07:24

Fatboy : does anyone actualy talk like that !

Sharon: just iratating

derrick branning and Michael moon used to do my head in aswell thank god there long gone smile

PuppyMonkey Sun 25-May-14 10:34:52

I can't stand the new Danny Dyer lot.

Oh I detest the way Fatboy talks but when you look at him, with his lovely green eyes, he's quite a hansdome chap.
IF he keeps quiet. grin

SqueezedMiddle Sun 25-May-14 16:15:52

Alice and Poppy - yes.

I hate characters that are just in it to move a plot along, but aren't developed. Like the gay estate agent who was Lucy's sidekick or the new market inspector, for example.

I felt murderous over Syed (he just annoyed me irrationally!).

Poppys mate who went out with darren, can't remember her name?

gatofeliz Sun 25-May-14 16:22:52

Its got to be Ian Beale and his sloped shoulder,head down, foot shuffling walk angry

SpringBee Sun 25-May-14 16:41:31

Aww I like fats! Lauren irritates me. I think the character is ok, just can't stand the actress.

Agree poppy and Alice were pretty annoying.

One character I'd like to have seen more of is Sadie. I was starting to like her! Think it would have been interesting to keep her on, as the posh girl of the square! Not like stash at the momet.

NigellasGuest Sun 25-May-14 20:22:02

FatBoy is a bit like John Travolta, don't you think?
I believe he will go far in life but not necessarily in acting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now