Any good 80s shows?

(43 Posts)
concernedchild123 Wed 24-Jul-13 00:41:34

I'm a teenager (15) who's completely in love with the 1980s and the culture, music etc. So I've come to the people who grew up in that era to ask if you know any good nostalgic programs you used to watch as a teenager? Kids programs are just as appreciated as are 70s and 90s programs, even American stuff smile I'm not particularly fussy. Thanks.

Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:21:47
Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:22:34

Superted
Supergran
The family ness

VerySmallSqueak Thu 25-Jul-13 18:23:56

Phew! Chub,I suddenly thought I was possibly being a lot more liberal than I had realised!!! grin I know I used to watch that sort of thing as a young teen,but I was also weaned on horrors so my judgement is possibly a little off....

<what about Sapphire and Steel???>

Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:26:00

I never saw that. It was a bit like tales of the unexpected wasn't it? Which was also ace but now very dated.

farrowandbawl Thu 25-Jul-13 18:27:09

Fraggle Rock

Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:27:56

FRAGGLE ROCK

Farrow wins the thread

farrowandbawl Thu 25-Jul-13 18:30:33

grin

I have the theme tune stuck in my head now.

I miss Roseanne. There's so many. I think I need to start looking out for them on DVD now. There's too many that shouldn't be forgotten about.

Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:32:01

I am going to sit my children down on Sunday and give them a history of popular culture lesson, starting with fraggle rock. I always felt so sorry for the dozers.

VerySmallSqueak Thu 25-Jul-13 18:32:19

Yes Chub it was.Would anyone find it scary now? (I know I used to....).

I second Bearandcub 's suggestion of Blake's 7. It was SO cutting edge.I thought the cool people watched that,and the rest watched Star Trek. grin

farrowandbawl Thu 25-Jul-13 18:32:23

Three more...

BATFINK
Hong Kong Fooey and last but by no means least...

DANGERMOUSE.

orangeandemons Thu 25-Jul-13 18:33:38

Mosschops

VerySmallSqueak Thu 25-Jul-13 18:36:16

The Water margin
Triangle

Piffpaffpoff Thu 25-Jul-13 18:36:17

Moonlighting!

Chubfuddler Thu 25-Jul-13 18:38:17

Everything contraversial I ever needed to learn about as a child/teen I learned from TV

I found out what a prostitute was from EastEnders, and rape. And homosexuality. And divorce. And lots of things actually.

And loads of stuff from Roseanne - teenage pregnancy, debt, marriage problems ....

Highly educational.

GameSetAndMatch Fri 26-Jul-13 19:15:56

loving music, i watched every music programme going even though apart from TOTP they were all rubbish!

the tube- pretentious patronising ''were so studenty cool'. although i love Jools Holland.

that awful terry christian one where a girl band showed her fanjo and another one where iggy pop had his flies open with nothing on umderneath just cos they thought they were 'cool' doing that.

old grey whistle test was still on i think in the 80s with hairy hoary old beardy zztop looking creaky progrock bands.

how did i ever get through that decade?????!!!!

and the sat morning ones. saturday superstore, the staurday banana (was that what it was called?) the one presented by Gaz Topps, and the like.

farrowandbawl Fri 26-Jul-13 19:20:48

Seeing as the OP is only 15, try looking up SMTV.

I know it's 90 but that's the best Saturday Morning show ever. Such a shame it's finished.

BuildMeUpButtercup Sun 28-Jul-13 17:15:41

Only Fools and Horses
Bread
Birds of a Feather
Dukes of Hazzard
The A Team
The Fall Guy

Saved By The Bell
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Blossom
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Out of This World

BethCalavicci Sat 29-Mar-14 00:29:34

Oh, love this thread! Yes, I'm aware it's a zombie one but it's one that's relevant whenever it's posted - there's always someone, somewhere wanting to relive 80's and 90's telly and hear advice from those who lived it what was good and what was pap! smile

Good in 1980's kids shows:
Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Bananaman, Batfink, Top Cat, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, The Pink Windmill with Rod Hull, Emu and Grotbags, T-bag, Little Green Man, Simon and The Witch

General 80's shows:
Only Fools and And Horses
Bread
Birds of A Feather
Knight Rider
A Team
Airwolf
Dukes of Hazzard (yeeeee-ha!)
Fall Guy

1990's when in my teens:

Beverly Hills, 90210, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Saved By The Bell, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Quantum Leap (the latter you might have guessed I loved due to my username grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now