WIMBLEDON 2013- ladies' singles final day - lovely Lipsticki v bouncy Bartoli!

(403 Posts)
Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 07:10:54

And it's a 2 pm start, not 1 as I thought.

Quite looking forward to it really, and I think Lipsticki will have the crowd on her side but Bartoli had made a lot of new fans.

Dh has decided we are having a barbequehmm. Last time he did that, he invited his brother over during the final of the French! shock.

There are doubles finals too- will post order of play when not stuck on my phone.

siezethenight Sat 06-Jul-13 13:31:01

Afternoon farley do you have a hangover?

Stila Sat 06-Jul-13 13:31:19

Afternoon - been getting some sun and doing some reading (other than MN threads)
Totally abandoned 2nd Semi thread - as I didn't think Jerzy deserved the insults , but I seem to remember last years final thread being a bit hmm as someone put it ,a fine line between patriotic and being a twat .

Anyhow today I am edging towards Lipstick but then Bartoli was super cute n giggly when she takes her 'face' off. I'll be happy for either .

Sieze seems I'm originally (Mum still there) from the same part of the world(ish) as you .

siezethenight Sat 06-Jul-13 13:32:08

Sue Barker looks much better with slightly longer hair.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:32:28

Bingo!! Sue has mentioned a new name joining the list.

packs off ds to live with Ms Barker

grin

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:32:53

Martina is looking better and better as she ages

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:33:29

No seize, am too seasoned a gin drinker I think blush. Do you?

PetiteRaleuse Sat 06-Jul-13 13:35:20

I'll be happy for either of them to win but am, of course, supporting Bartoli. Cause she's lovely. And French. A good potential role model for my daughters.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:35:47

Stila- i was very close to abandoning it too- a lot of the comments were totally unnecessary. Fine- support the Brit, but no need to be rude about someone you really know nothing all about.And have no interest in finding out. It spoiled the 'atmosphere' of what have so far been good threads. Brought back memories of Wimbledon threads of oldsad

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:36:14

Tomorrow's final might be what you hoped for Sue, but it's not what I hoped for

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:36:18

Petite grin- looking forward to it immensely.

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:37:52

Be a shame to let yesterday's thread spoil what has been a fortnight of absolutely lovely banter, with no hard feelings and lots of humour and sympathy and tennis talk.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:38:42

me neither Farley- but let's face it, the commentary team had handed Murray the trophy as soon as Nadal and Federer went out.

Oh shut up about the roof. It was the right decision- if it hadn' been Murray playing, no-one would be complaining. They did it at a natural break, at the end of a set. End of discussiongrin

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:38:53

Gosh isn't Tracy tiny?

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:39:11

Not height wise, size wise.

Stila Sat 06-Jul-13 13:41:48

Raahh even though most were supporting Potato in the first match nobody was hurling insults at Djok .

I don't know if I missed it somewhere but did they ever show Potato's post match interview?

ClayDavis Sat 06-Jul-13 13:44:02

I don't think they did, Stila.

Agree about the second thread yesterday. Hopefully that won't happen again tomorrow. Want Lipsticki to win, but think Bartoli might.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:44:37

Stila- That's it, precisely.

I don't think they did show his interview, they showed Djok during roof-gate, and even that was cut short. And he was very lovely about Mr Potato.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:45:36

Tracy is tiny.

Is it cold at Wimbledon- Tracy appears to be shivering.

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:46:12

No I don't think they showed it Stila, I was looking out for it! If anyone sees/finds it anywhere will you shout out?

Stila Sat 06-Jul-13 13:46:38

Hopefully they will show it after they've done with the final , before the doubles.

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:49:37

Clay- I'm hoping that there will be a more balanced crowd watching it, and I think Djoko has plenty of fans, so it should be. I'm not going to be hypocritical and start being his biggest fan over night, but the horrible bias yesterday put me off Murray even more. And reminded me why I enjoyed the French so much- he wasn't there. The commentators had no choice but to care about other players. and Nadal won grin

FarleyD Sat 06-Jul-13 13:50:09

It's not cold here and I'm only thirty miles away. In fact it's lovely.

PetiteRaleuse Sat 06-Jul-13 13:50:16

How many times will quirky be used to describe Bartoli?

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:51:16

Tracy needs meat on her bones, then...she looks frozenconfused

I hope Bartoli wears a white headband- but maybe the grubby one is luckygrin

Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 13:52:07

How soon can i open the Aldi Pimms?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now