The Murder Workers ~ C4 ~ 9pm

(49 Posts)
SoleSource Thu 16-May-13 21:04:36

sad

Anybody watching?

pigletmania Tue 21-May-13 22:54:58

Meant lee body

pigletmania Tue 21-May-13 22:54:23

I was horrified f the footage of Thse scum carrying less bdy and dumping it on the street like a piece of rubbish

pigletmania Tue 21-May-13 22:50:12

I just watched it. I was so sad for all of them, but kallums father has got parental rights after taking their mums life in front of them, what a fucking joke. I am glad the legal system saw sence, and awarded full arental rights to the gran

fiddlemethis Tue 21-May-13 22:16:01

Allofaflumble, I keep replaying those scenes myself in my head and I just cant get my head around people treating another human being like a side of beef. Carting him out then dumping him on the floor. The way the one wrapped his arm around the others shoulders like "a job well done" type of comeradery was sickening. I have so much respect for these other mothers who have had to live through something like this. I can't help but feel like wrapping my 2 girls up in cotton wool, something like that would destroy me

Allofaflumble Sat 18-May-13 09:56:10

I found myself watching this in bed Thursday night and I slept very badly after sobbing myself to sleep.

Most of the time I seem to filter out all the violence and horror stories we are bombarded with all the time.

My desensitisation broke down when it came to the case of Marie and her beloved son Lee. To see that footage of those monsters carrying his body to leave in the street haunted me all day yesterday.

I told my son about it last night and was crying all over again. I am so glad that she had a wonderful partner and Lee's siblings to help her through it. I am at a loss to understand how people can brutalize each other in this way.

All the stories were awful but it was that one and the grief etched on her face that stayed with me.

The fact she lost her job was just unbelievable!

FrickingFedUp Fri 17-May-13 00:28:06

Murder workers may seem a horrible title - but it describes what they do - support victims of murder.

I work in a job where there is a chance you may come across some very difficult stuff - but nowhere near the level that these workers need to deal with. Hats off to them for doing it - I on't think I could cope, but it is a job that needs to be done, and I am so glad that victims families seem to have good support.

Highlander Thu 16-May-13 22:58:39

If a 14 year old of mine was punching like that - I'd wonder what the hell I'd done wrong as a parent.

Tobagostreet Thu 16-May-13 22:53:15

Totally understand and not trying to take away from the fact that it was a horrendous and violent act - even that one punch.

Just looking at it from a different angle too, saying that if it was my 14 yr old kid, who (under threat, bravado or otherwise) punched someone once, there is no way I would ever expect that a single punch would or could result in someone losing their life. And I don't think many 14 yr olds would expect that either.

It's such a sad situation.hmm

nenevomito Thu 16-May-13 22:39:11

TobagoStreet - I had a friend killed by one punch about 20 years ago. Someone punched him outside a nightclub. Just once, but it was so hard and he fell back and hit his head on the kerb, lost consciousness, never woke up. Died.

The bastard who did that got a light sentence too. But he'd KILLED someone by being violent. If you kill someone by doing an act of violence, then you bloody well deserve to be locked up.

nenevomito Thu 16-May-13 22:35:54

Yes I'm watching this and the bit with the children had me absolutely howling. Those poor kids. Their poor mum.

Highlander Thu 16-May-13 22:34:44

What an utter disgrace that that woman lost her job angry angry

SoleSource Thu 16-May-13 22:34:30

Murder workers is a horrible title

Tobagostreet Thu 16-May-13 22:32:20

Jackie is amazing - something wonderful in the kids lives thanks

MrsMorello Thu 16-May-13 22:32:14

Gibber My thoughts exactly! I can't believe Lee's mum lost her job. Fucking terrible.

GibberTheMonkey Thu 16-May-13 22:31:31

Fucking Essex council

GibberTheMonkey Thu 16-May-13 22:30:12

*wonderful

(Only three words and I get it wrong)

Mindyourownbusiness Thu 16-May-13 22:30:00

Yes l can imagine but l do keep getting this absurd urge to watch it anyway. It's like when someone says 'ewww, don't look, whatever you do' and you can almost feel this invisible force pulling your head round to look. l am obviously losing the plot

Think l need a drink.

GibberTheMonkey Thu 16-May-13 22:29:42

Jackie is wonderf

Tobagostreet Thu 16-May-13 22:28:29

I have mixed feelings about the not guilty verdict.

The victim looked like a lovely boy, I feel so bad for the mum hmm and would be baying for blood if I were in her shoes.

But the perpetrator was a 14 yr old boy who threw one punch - would he have really thought for a minute that it could kill someone? If that was my son, I would be devastated and think it was a gross miscarriage of justice if he were found guilty hmmhmmhmmhmmhmm.

It's an awful, sad, horrible situation.

SoleSource Thu 16-May-13 22:26:46

Sally Anne...very strange..this world sad

SoleSource Thu 16-May-13 22:20:34

Understandable Mindy, you have nothibg to reproach yourself about.

Best not to watch things like this if having a low day x

GibberTheMonkey Thu 16-May-13 22:19:45

Probably wise myob
It's very draining and emotional

Mindyourownbusiness Thu 16-May-13 22:17:58

I was going to watch this but decided l already feel too low and decided not too. Had a horrible couple of weeks with a young man commiting suicide whose father my DH is very close friends with and their DCs went to school together etc. Also another young man (a neighbours son) has died unexpectedly in very different circumstances.
I keep torturing myself for some stupid reason best known to myself by imagining getting that knock on the door (l have an adult son similar age) so l thought 'err no, maybe not' when l pressed the i button on this programme ! sad

SoleSource Thu 16-May-13 22:16:09

Not guilty WTF

JamieOliveOil Thu 16-May-13 22:15:23

Oh Callum, wish I could hold him sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now