anyone going to watch bedtime live with me??!!

(115 Posts)
girliefriend Tue 19-Mar-13 19:46:26

Just seen its on in 15mins, just time to get the brew and [biscuits] sorted. Anyone care to join me? smile

(Luckily dd is a good sleeper and fingers crossed only isn't if she's ill or teething)

FadBook Tue 19-Mar-13 20:12:55

Hmmm I'm intrigued to watch it but don't necessarily agree with what might come up hmm

I think for people that want an alternative between co-sleeping and crying it out (CIO), the gradual retreat one (the first one) might be worth watching.

My dd has only just started sleeping through (now 19 months, had about 3-4 weeks of 7.30pm - 5.30am). We've just bumbled along between feeding to sleep / co-sleeping and stopping with her until she dropped off. She knows that we go to her if she wakes - that's important to me that she trusts someone will come to her if she cries.

mummybare Tue 19-Mar-13 20:14:39

Oh the irony: DD, who sleeps 7-7 pretty much every night, is currently faffing about up there as if to punish me for watching this programme.

SashaSashays Tue 19-Mar-13 20:14:48

I don't unrest and how these people have 3 other children and still haven't got the hang off getting kids to sleep. 13 months is like some first baby madness at best.

ShiftyFades Tue 19-Mar-13 20:17:06

I'm interested in watching how they deal with Josh grin

FadBook Tue 19-Mar-13 20:18:14

I feel sorry for Josh's mum. She's doing her best bless her.

sailorsgal Tue 19-Mar-13 20:19:35

Josh is probably overtired if he is just going to bed.

I feel for Josh's mum too.

pramdunce Tue 19-Mar-13 20:20:48

I feel incredibly uncomfortable about this actually. Just switched over, it really feels like an invasion of the childs privacy. And yes, that makes me sound very wanky.

sailorsgal Tue 19-Mar-13 20:21:00

This is for Josh's mum wine

FierceBadIggi Tue 19-Mar-13 20:21:25

Is that baby one, am amazed still on middle cot setting. Sleep is worse when they can stand up and look for you!
(Am watching on slight delay so bit confused)

girliefriend Tue 19-Mar-13 20:22:54

I was thinking that Sasha, but then I have always had the mind set that once a baby is fed, warm and tired its up to them to get themselves to sleep.

I understand its frustrating if a crying baby wakes up other children but surely its worth going through that if at the end of it you have a baby that can self settle?

Everyone seems quite obsessed with sleep at the moment!

SashaSashays Tue 19-Mar-13 20:23:47

Bloody hell, how old is Josh?

It is annoying me. An hour of this? This is like a 5 minute item on This Morning stretched out.

OOh parents of teens about to be patronised now...

girliefriend Tue 19-Mar-13 20:26:39

omg 3am? shock thats not right?!

<vows never to let my dd play on computer games>

FadBook Tue 19-Mar-13 20:26:43

I dislike what they are saying that^'children need to learn how to sleep'^ without being a specific about ages from that they need to learn. I'd hate for someone with a newborn watching this and taking the presenter's comment as standard advice across all ages.

Newborn babies and even babies up to 6 months (I'd probably argue 12 months tbh) will wake up for food, comfort or have their sleep cycle disturbed due to teething, wet nappy, stomach pains, growth spurts, brain development and so on.

mummybare Tue 19-Mar-13 20:27:15

Good point, Iggi! We put down DD's months ago and she's 10.5 months old.they might want to think about that - it's one thing if baby cries UT every time she wakes, but if she starts being happy in there by herself it might prove a bit more dangerous.

landofsoapandglory Tue 19-Mar-13 20:27:27

I very much doubt many teens have 3 hours sleep! I reckon they are trying to make themselves look big in front of their mates. DS2(16) regularly falls asleep before 9pm, 'twas 7.20 last night!

SashaSashays Tue 19-Mar-13 20:27:47

Exactly OP, I have 5 DC and yes the younger child might wake up the older ones but it lasts a few nights then you're sorted.

I don't give my DC bedtimes but I'm militant about sleep. I don't think I'd make it past 6 months let alone 13!

OhMyNoReally Tue 19-Mar-13 20:27:53

What gets me is they're kids, parents set the rules. Not the other way round. Also babies don't wake siblings.

Tired children can't concentrate shocker. hmm How about parents don't let them game all night? Sorted.

FadBook Tue 19-Mar-13 20:27:57

Excuse grammar errors in my post there - I've had wine!

Airwalk79 Tue 19-Mar-13 20:28:23

Do the teenagers parents not know how to unplug the Xbox? I can remember being repeatedly caught with the telly on in bed, I got told to stop. Then the next time my mum cut the plug off.

Yes I wish they'd say don't do this under such and such age (12 months?)

Couldn't the parents of the teens start turning stuff off/taking stuff out of the room? (I don't have teens...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now