16 kids and counting tonight at 9

(285 Posts)
giraffesCantDateDucks Tue 05-Mar-13 19:15:19

I will be watching after I have done some work!

DyeInTheEar Tue 05-Mar-13 21:46:07

This is awkward.

Yotamsrazor Tue 05-Mar-13 21:46:09

Feel so sorry for Mohammed's wife - Noreen is it? She looks bloody shattered and wants to live differently and he is totally resistant. Agree, he does come across as annoying. She's just said her heart is breaking sad

Notalone Tue 05-Mar-13 21:46:37

OMG - how cringey is that hotel guy. And I NEVER usually cringe blush

MissMogwi Tue 05-Mar-13 21:46:45

Hotel man just made me cringe. confused

MissMogwi Tue 05-Mar-13 21:47:07

grin X post

RedPencils Tue 05-Mar-13 21:47:14

That mess must be so depressing. I'm not fussy about tidiness at all but that is something else. It's chaos.

MajaBiene Tue 05-Mar-13 21:47:17

I had to turn over.

I think I would get secretly sterilised if I were her but it might be down to editing?

Does the older son of the radfords not want to be a part of the programme?

Has the eldest boy moved out? I haven't seen him.
The eldest two girls are lovely

everlong Tue 05-Mar-13 21:49:44

The mess, the noise.
Not fair on anyone, including the kids.

I agree about the mess. I really am not the tidiest person but that is pretty horrid and dirty.

Hotel guy was really cringey! I also can't believe they didn't accept the condom! shock

makingdoo Tue 05-Mar-13 21:50:35

Feel so sorry for Mohammad's wife. She's so obviously overwhelmed.

The other family seem to cope quite well and have a good system. The dad seems so proactive. They need to do a Dad Swap for a week so he can sort out that cluttered house!

chubbychipmonk Tue 05-Mar-13 21:51:43

A phd & 7 degrees???????? Maybe he should start philosophising about the wonders of contraception!

blackice Tue 05-Mar-13 21:52:39

I would be surprised if the Salim children aren't taken into care following this programme being broadcast. That is neglect.

Flumpyflumps Tue 05-Mar-13 21:53:05

Eewww! Hotel dude with the condom, I'll remove this, what the actual???!! Cringey cringey cringey!
Noreen was on,y 16 when she was married off to this knob, 11 kids and so much stuff crammed into that house, fell awful for her.

Yotamsrazor Tue 05-Mar-13 21:54:02

Yes, wouldn't it be interesting to do a husband swap!!!!!!

I would be pretty shocked if they weren't taken into care as well, especially as he comes across so controlling and it almost seems like his Wife is being forced to have more kids.

16 kids and counting Dad swap would be brilliant.

MajaBiene Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:04

blackice, that is nowhere near the threshold for taking kids into care.

Why does the Radford mum iron every day? I can't remember the last time I ironed anything and I only have one kid.

DyeInTheEar Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:15

Can you really parent that many DCs or is it just crowd control?

Flumpyflumps Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:34

Mrs Salim looks really downtrodden , he looks like he wants all the fun and none of the work.

RedPencils Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:43

Yes to a dad swap. He obviously loves all his children but he needs a bit of whipping into shape.

smellysocksandchickenpox Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:53

yer woman from the radfords seems to me like she's hoping to be a kerry catona / katie price type career reality show person, it all comes across very rehersed with her

other family - sad

hotel guy - you couldn't use those "sexy" things after having him reading them out to you could you?

I think the Radford family can parent, I don't think the Salim family can.

Did you see how depressed she looked when he started saying how they wanted more kids? This is heart breaking.

ggirl Tue 05-Mar-13 21:57:11

it's not bad enough for the kids to be taken into care !

Lol at kids going to care .. It might not be what you would think is good but the kids aren't neglected!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now