The Good Wife?

(279 Posts)
gilmoregirl Tue 27-Nov-12 18:33:46

Does anyone know if we will get the new series of the Good Wife in the UK?

It usually starts about this time of year but I have not seen any mention of it this year sad

thepeanutsparent Tue 29-Jan-13 19:13:47

diddl I don't think it was there when we watched as i was fiddling with subtitles and clicking everything to try and get the weird British interloping voice away. Hope they sort it out, though was impressed to see the service being offered at all

diddl Tue 29-Jan-13 19:20:33

Well just looked at TGW again, & there it is!

Maybe there was a blip before.

northender Thu 31-Jan-13 22:44:55

Didnt enjoy tonight's as much. Don't know where the Kalinda story is going and didnt warm to the Maura Tierney character. What's her game?

Not a good episode.

Yuk yul yuk to the ice cream.

tribpot Sat 02-Feb-13 14:14:56

Yes, the ice cream bit was gross.

Maura Tierney's character is a bit left-field. Why on earth would she finance Peter, whose main contribution to women's rights appears to have been funding prostitutes?! Does she think Alicia should run instead (which is not unreasonable)?

Tribpot, agree it is a bit odd. My guess (wonder what other guess but please no spoilers if you know) is she is either:
Someone whose husband who has cheated so she wants to know how to 'stand by her man' (sang in a country and western voice)
or
she want to de-rail his campaign from within
!!!

I looked for this thread before and couldn't find it, it wasn't there and now it is. Bizzare!

AllOverIt Sat 02-Feb-13 17:19:41

Love TGW. Eli is best character, Kalinda is annoying though. Her storyline is boring. Much preferred it when she was obviously gutted about losing Alicia's friendship. It really showed off her acting skills. Wish the actress had been allowed to keep her accent. Especially as her husband is a Brit.

Agree also that small Florrickp

AllOverIt Sat 02-Feb-13 17:24:00

Aaagh! DD pressed send.

Florrick small children are irritating.

Love Diane.

thepeanutsparent Sat 02-Feb-13 19:09:31

Diane for President! Funny seeing another ER face but aside from that a really disappointing episode. Huff.

Want to be watching the moment Diane finds out that Will did not 'dump' Alicia but vice versa!

OK now I can't see the thread again, and am only finding it by searching! Why is that!!

Jbck Tue 05-Feb-13 18:08:31

Just catching up with this.

I wonder if it will come out that Kalinda is hiding her accent in her efforts to hide from him.
Are there some new writers because the violence in the first one, and the ice cream scene in the second, just don't fit with the usual tone. Not bothered by either in the right show but just not here.
Will and Diane have much more chemistry than Willicia, not sexual just better onscreen partnership.
Still hooked so far.

Yes, agree the violence is not in place.

I think it needs to get going a bit. I think the law stuff is what I love. One of my fav episodes was the 'filing' one!!

Can anyone tell me why I can't find this thread without searching for it, please?

tribpot Thu 07-Feb-13 22:02:30

Euw. WHY?

I didn't like the free speech argument, that was obviously silly. Great to see Rita Wilson back in, though!

BOF Fri 08-Feb-13 00:33:18

Have you hidden it by accident, Italian?

I can't wait for them to wrap this crappy Kalinda storyline up, hate hate hate it. But apparently so did all the US viewers, so the writers cut it short.

tribpot Fri 08-Feb-13 07:26:02

oh thank goodness. Glad to know this misery will soon be over.

noddyholder Fri 08-Feb-13 07:30:59

Gone off it this series same with borgen just can't get into either of them.

Don't know what but the thread is back. just out of interest how do you unhide?

I thought last night was not good but then I missed the begining and I was having my hair done so wasn't concentrating 100%. I miss the legal bits, those were the best. These last few have not been so strong on the law, I am in the mould of Crown Court and LA Law, and I want to be wowed!

However, unlike some others I love the kids story line. Especially Grace and her Christian buddy and Zac and his black girlfriend story line and the grandma! Plus Kalinda and Alicia's elusive friendship!

The only bit I am not so keen on is Kalinda's abusive husband and her complicated love life and domestic omlette and ice cream affairs!

What Is going on with an get abusive husband?! I don't get it.... Is she sleeping with him? I'm sure she would just shoot him and dispose of the body if he was just abusing her? And what was that guy that she went ape with a baseball bat on in the last serious series about? Confused to say the least....

Also did Alicia lie about seeing Peter and that campaign girl together in bed? Very sneaky if so. Are all the characters on some sort of drugs this series?......

Nancy66 Sat 09-Feb-13 09:10:56

I'm close to giving up on this show. Always enjoyed it but the whole Kalinda and her husband War of the Roses storyline is not doing it for me.

BOF Sat 09-Feb-13 09:17:35

Utter shit, isn't it? I feel like throwing something through the telly. He isn't even very convincing as a sinister badass- he looks more like someone who would try to flog you stolen clobber from Marks and Spencer than try to flog you, iykwim.

tribpot Sat 09-Feb-13 09:53:25

I'm sure she would just shoot him and dispose of the body if he was just abusing her?

Well I suppose the writers could be highlighting the fact that abuse isn't just about physical or financial power over another person - that even someone as kick-arse as Kalinda could be emotionally abused. Except all the gun play doesn't really tie up with that. And if she's merely biding her time to off him, which seems more likely, some hint to the viewer to confirm that (and explain why) would be better than this sort of vomitous pseudo-sexy drama. Is it in some way linked to the '50 Shades' effect? I've never read the books but isn't there supposed to be a phenomenon exploiting 'rough sex' relationships as a result? In any case - it's shit. And needs to end.

In terms of the bloke she kicked the crap out of last series, that was Blake. And his 'crime' appeared to be hinting that he knew who or where her husband was. Which is why it makes no sense that Kalinda has basically allowed the husband back into her life / to threaten her girlfriend when she was prepared to take such extreme measures against a guy who merely knew the guy last series.

Why would Alicia possibly want to go back to Peter? It all makes no sense.

Arithmeticulous Sat 09-Feb-13 10:14:57

I only half watched that episode- the better bits were the courtroom ones, the mediator and Will/Alicia tension.

Kalinda is hard to feel sorry for (or admire) She only slept with her FBI girlfriend to scare off the totally unscary Marc Warren, and given she could physically take him on, why doesn't she?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now