The Good Wife?

(279 Posts)
gilmoregirl Tue 27-Nov-12 18:33:46

Does anyone know if we will get the new series of the Good Wife in the UK?

It usually starts about this time of year but I have not seen any mention of it this year sad

God, I'd forgotten how hard you have to concentrate!
I can;t remember the KAlinda story line properly.

I think Kalinda's ex hubby is that guy whose name I can't remember who is English and used to do those Tevo ads! (Marc Warren) Anyway, they seperated/divorced and she's got some money, she says it's hers, he says it's his and anyway, watch tonight's episode. I thought too much violence, rather glorifying domestic violence and not nearly as exciting as Zac's clever exploits on line!

LesBOFerables Fri 25-Jan-13 00:25:17

Julianna Margulies is as beautiful as ever. That was a great episode.

tribpot Fri 25-Jan-13 00:28:52

The violence was very odd, wasn't it? Not in keeping with the series at all. Rather too noirish and faux-glam, apart from when Kalinda gets busy with the handy mallet-thingy <wince> Definitely too much violence at the expense of the more interesting Zac storyline.

I recognise Marc Warren only from Ballet Shoes where he played the marvellous Mr Simpson. Now I will never be able to reconcile him with this godawful character at all!

Still too much tanning though. I can't get over how old it made Chris Noth and the divine Ms Chenoweth look.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 25-Jan-13 00:30:29

I thought too much violence, rather glorifying domestic violence

I agree with that. Made me shift about uncomfortably, especially with Kalinda having that smirk on her face at all times - hitting him, being hit by him, having sex, in the office next day. And I agree it detracted from Zac's plot, which was pretty good.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Jan-13 15:52:21

WTF was the whole Kalinda thing about? confused

northender Fri 25-Jan-13 18:11:27

I've felt like that about lots of Kalinda's storylines

Bajas Fri 25-Jan-13 19:49:06

Love this show especially Eli!

Found the Kalinda/ ex husband sex/ fighting thing a bit disturbing.

Overall though a great first episode.

Bue Fri 25-Jan-13 21:34:24

Didn't like the Kalinda storyline at all. Also, although the police officer was completely dodgy, I thought Zack acted like a little shit from the beginning, with wanting to get name drop Peter. And then Alicia rewarded the behaviour with her praise of his "legal" skills, when what he deserved was a kick up the arse!

Nancy66 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:43:47

the Matrix style fight scene with Kalinda felt very out of place.

hope the series gets better - wasn't blown away by the first episode.

LesBOFerables Fri 25-Jan-13 21:45:20

Yes, I have a special loathing for the smug little Florrick juniors.

Bellebelle Fri 25-Jan-13 22:14:47

Didn't think it was a great episode (have no interest whatsoever in the Kalinda story, it was better when she played more of a supporting role). However it felt more like the setting up of some good storylines to come.

I love the music, the chicken type music at the beginining, Mucka Blucka.

I read this .... "In many ways the chicken rap song reminded me of the talking lion phone speaker from season 2, a moment so surreal, funny and poignant that no Good Wife fan can forget it."

www.buddytv.com/articles/the-good-wife/the-good-wife-music-that-chick-47721.aspx

I loved the music while Zac is searching ... Carbon Silicon - The News ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbu4Of75CAw

Nice to see smug David Lee getting some sort of 'comeupance' sp confused!

I thought (for what it is worth) Zac was stupid and yet brilliantly clever; if my kid did that I would be hopping mad they had emailed that clip and so proud they did all that stuff on line smile IMHO.

Off to bed, before I go in case you missed the talking lion phone and want to see it.....

mindy-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/where-to-buy-talking-lion-phone-on-good.html

SconeRhymesWithGone Sat 26-Jan-13 01:21:20

TGW is great! I love Alan Cumming's Eli especially. His American accent wobbled a bit in the early days, but it is pitch perfect now.

diddl Sat 26-Jan-13 09:17:03

AC-best part of the show!

Just watched on 4OD & the AD was on-anyone know how to switch it off?

thepeanutsparent Sat 26-Jan-13 19:11:29

diddl argh me too with the audio- so annoying I had no idea what was going on at 1 st. never found how to switch off. Must have been a glitch on the site.

Arithmeticulous Sat 26-Jan-13 19:28:06

grin about David Lee and the mediator ... and what Will said to Diane about needing a man in charge 'no, I just added that to piss you off'

Junior Florricks are awful but Chris Not looked overcooked and once again came over as a twat yelling the odds at that guy on the phone. Given he's so horrible and cheats, why would Alicia want to get back with him?

Bue Sat 26-Jan-13 19:58:01

Arith that was brilliant - my favourite line of the epidsode grin I love feminist Diane! And the mediator is going to be great, I think. Nathan Lane is a terrific character actor.

Chris Noth looks absurd these days!

HalleLouja Mon 28-Jan-13 09:14:40

Alicia seemed peed off that Diane was with Will. Maybe that will be reignited. I liked the Willicia story line. Peter looks odd these days.

The Kalinda story line was odd but they have brought in another English actor I see.

HanneHolm Mon 28-Jan-13 09:16:48

STOP PRESS

has no one mentioned the yellow leather jacket?

HanneHolm Mon 28-Jan-13 09:17:51

kalinda dressed as slaggy as ever and american accent still a but meh

she had a nose job i think

Nancy66 Mon 28-Jan-13 09:31:29

I really hope they don't make Kalinda and her 'dark secrets' a key storyline going forwards. I think she is good as a secondary character - but if she starts having major storylines featuring gangsters etc then I'll be switching off.

flatmouse Tue 29-Jan-13 16:18:55

I really enjoyed the episode. I like that there's a few stories going on at a time. The Florrick kids amused me (but in RL i would be incredibly irritated by them!) and the traffic cop wasn't bad on the eye either! Loved Alicia interview with the odd looking PR lady.

diddl Tue 29-Jan-13 18:20:15

thepeanut-I have just watched something else on 4OD & there was an obvious AD "button" next to the subtitle button.

Didn´t see it when I watched TGW.confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now