The Secret of Crickley Hall

(546 Posts)

Did anyone else watch this? Thoroughly creeped out.

Yeah, thats the only flaw in my theory. He couldnt have known they would move there.

Clawdy Mon 26-Nov-12 09:08:15

I thought the paranormal guy was Maurice too. Have a horrid feeling little Stefan is in that well. I really want them all to still be alive,Stefan,Maurice and the girl!and Cam of course. Not very likely though!sad

shrimponastick Mon 26-Nov-12 09:08:21

I have missed something. Who has different length little fingers??

SoupDragon Mon 26-Nov-12 09:09:41

The mother and Cam, the missing boy.

Fiderer Mon 26-Nov-12 09:10:48

Just noticed there are two threads - glad I'm not seeing things that go bump in the night

Anyone else examining the length of their little fingers?

shrimponastick Mon 26-Nov-12 09:11:33

Oh okay. Thanks.

DS was talking over it last night, but I think it is the kind of show which requires full attention.

valiumredhead Mon 26-Nov-12 09:14:46

My mum and my sister have different length pinkie fingers!!

Fiderer Mon 26-Nov-12 09:29:04

valium Book them a weekend break in Devil's Cleave grin

The well thing - if the orphans drowned in the flood (because Cribben locked them in?) then the water must have come up from the well. So Stefan, whose body wasn't found, can't have been with the others. Hiding in that cupboard? Maurice must have legged it if he's now Paranormal Man.

Then again, if they were in their attic dorm, how could a flood so bad that it reached that level not have damaged the house more?

valiumredhead Mon 26-Nov-12 09:33:08

I can't believe anyone was really scared watching this!! Some bits are so corny it's laughable in places. I'm enjoying it but nothing is scaring me at all and I am a huge wuss!

fiderer grin

MrsMushroom Mon 26-Nov-12 09:34:01

I noticed the young teacher spoke German last night...we never heard her do that before did we?

valiumredhead Mon 26-Nov-12 09:35:31

We didn't - noted here too!

ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 09:44:50

No we didn't. I'm glad we will get to find out everything next week! Did you all watch Marchlands last year? I think anyone who is enjoying Crickley would have enjoyed Marchlands as much. Apparently there is going to be a series called Lightfields which is in the same vein as Marchlands/Crickley.

It's not scary at all I agree. Some bits are slightly jumpy but its tame compared to the book.

Marchlands was better I think.

valiumredhead Mon 26-Nov-12 09:56:55

I liked Marchlands more tbh. I Don't think SJ was right for this part.

diddl Mon 26-Nov-12 10:02:29

I watched Marchlands only recently & can´t help thinking that the guy who was the Vicar in that is also the 2012 Vicar in this?

<off to google>

blisterpack Mon 26-Nov-12 10:04:30

The only link between Cam's family and Crickley Hall is the father. It was him who brought them there. Wonder if there's something in that?

ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 10:05:59

I thought that blister.

Yeah blister, I thought that. The way hes so adament that ghosts arent real!

SoupDragon Mon 26-Nov-12 10:31:09

I thought the young teacher spoke german in the first episode.

ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 10:31:09

Maybe the dad is responsible for Cam going missing? Maybe he sold him or sacrified him for supernatural reasons?

ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 10:32:27

Maybe Nancy's orphanage was in Germany.

watched part2 after cleb last night and was really really scared going upstairs ! I went in to turn dds nightlight off and heard a swish ... <over-imagination> but leapt into bed!

SoupDragon Mon 26-Nov-12 10:36:06

Any bodies dumped in the well may have been washed away by the river - was it a river/stream under the house?

SoupDragon Mon 26-Nov-12 10:36:55

I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far - not too scary but spooky enough.

TunipTheHollowVegemalLantern Mon 26-Nov-12 11:20:38

Anyone willing to PM me the ending? Thanks.

I want to know if they ever find Cam. I also want to know how come the bodies can be washed out to sea given that the setting appears to have been changed to somewhere that looks like the Dales or somewhere similarly inland and high up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now