The Secret of Crickley Hall

(546 Posts)

Did anyone else watch this? Thoroughly creeped out.

babesdontlie Thu 22-Nov-12 10:49:24

Wasn't he in Mistresses?

valiumredhead Thu 22-Nov-12 11:20:58

He is in Miranda.

valiumredhead Thu 22-Nov-12 11:21:21

Not in Mistresses.

blisterpack Thu 22-Nov-12 11:22:44

Yes teacher is very pretty, and doesn't she look like Alexis Bledel aka Rory in Gilmore Girls?

wintera Thu 22-Nov-12 18:43:21

Tom Ellis used to be in Eastenders at one point, maybe you know him from that?

"But WHY would any right minded adult set a spinning top off on a beautiful table like that. I would FLAME my kids for doig something like that on my dining room table."

I thought that too! But I guess she's not in her right mind at the moment.

milewalker Thu 22-Nov-12 19:18:58

i've read the book and have to say that so far i think the book is better.

i read an interview with james herbert earlier today and he said the bbc let him have a copy of the 3 scripts and he didn't recongnise it as his book by the 2nd script as its been changed so much so i guess the ending could be completly diffrent to the one i've read.

RooneyMara Thu 22-Nov-12 20:21:35

Oh! Maybe that was it, thankyou! I haven't watched EE for many years now but was he one of those lovely Italian boys?

RooneyMara Thu 22-Nov-12 20:26:37

Oh I see from Wiki that he was the Dr. Hmm. I don't remember him being a Dr but that must be it as I've not watched anything else he's been in!

The book is brilliant, even better than the series I'd say, argh I'm sitting on my hands as they are itching to type what happens.

But I shall resist grin

Well I hope they don't change too much because that would seriously piss me off

I watched it on catch-up last night.
10 minutes before the end DH said "I'm off to bed"
I'm "No you can't leeeeeeeave .You need to stay till it's finished"

Then went into DS room to check he was ok and he was snoring weirdly with his eyes open (My 13yo DS sleeps with his eyes open just to freak me out) shock

Icelollycraving Fri 23-Nov-12 10:18:36

I always wonder if the child actors become affected by the storylines. I thought it was acted well by the children,I found Suranne a bit annoying. The child ghosts were done really effectively.

LeonardoAcropolis Fri 23-Nov-12 11:18:16

To those wondering why the little girl is called Callie Caleigh, the book explains that her real name is Catherine but upon discovering her surname, she adopted the nickname.

ToffeeCaramel Fri 23-Nov-12 19:44:09

Only two more days and we can discuss the next episode! grin

diddl Germany Fri 23-Nov-12 19:54:15

Haven´t watched it yet.

Is it worth it or would I be able to pick it up on Sunday?

Catsmamma Fri 23-Nov-12 19:58:59

I will watch the rest of the series and quite enjoyed it, but just to be pedantic kept drifting thinking about what a beautiful and MASSIVE house it was....why on earth would they rent somewhere like that?? Compared to their much "busier" town house
Four of them in a house that used to house a dozen or more children and teaching staff??
Ridiculous!

MrsMushroom Fri 23-Nov-12 19:59:15

Oooh no you HAVE to watch the 1st episode. You'll keep wondering what's going on otherwise. It's not complex but there are references that you won't understand.

ToffeeCaramel Fri 23-Nov-12 19:59:16

I think it would be worth watching.

ToffeeCaramel Fri 23-Nov-12 20:00:57

Imagine how draughty and cold it would be if you rented somewhere like that. Although I suppose that would be the least of your worries! grin

hortensemancini Sat 24-Nov-12 10:07:11

I assumed that the dog was trying to escape from the ghost 'flood water' rising up through the house?

Mind you, after the first spooky encounter I'd have had everyone sleeping in one bed, with the dog, with all the lights on, with the estate agent's number on speed dial ready for 9.01am.

blisterpack Sat 24-Nov-12 12:59:57

Yes I can't imagine how they let those children sleep alone knowing there are some sinister ghostly characters in the house who have form for hurting them confused. Especially as the mother seems super protective after losing her son.

zukiecat Sat 24-Nov-12 14:49:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zukiecat Sat 24-Nov-12 14:52:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 24-Nov-12 17:27:10

finally seen this - almost a week late, seems to be story of my life lol grin

wasnt scary as such, but the ghost man/face and whipping was a bit freaky

dog obv sensed something and sure the puddle was from the ghost/man who drowned in the flood hence the puddle of water

not sure about the magic finger, just looked a bit smaller then other?

at the beginning with man carrying child, seemed in the olden days and not her son iyswim

why would dad hire out such a huge house for the 4 of them, and why stay there after what happened to their kids, ie girl being whipped and younger daughter 'sensing' things

what/who is in that room at the top of the house?

and yes i thought the same at spinning the top on that nice table

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now