Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

FivesGoldNorks Sun 09-Dec-12 08:31:39

And this one really made me feel sorry for the governor. He gave himself up to michonne when she had his daughter sad

anonacfr Sun 09-Dec-12 10:46:38

Yes but he is still a psychopathic serial murdering lying nutter.

It ended with Michonne about to spectacularly decapitate the Governor.

Andrea shows up and pulls a gun on her. Michonne backs down circles round Andrea while holding her katana against the gun and leaves the room. All without a word. Like, you know, 'your psycho boyfriend is holding your buddies hostage and tried to kill me as soon as I left town'.
angry

FivesGoldNorks Sun 09-Dec-12 10:59:36

Ah yes, I do remember that, for some reason I thought there had been something more
Has the governor done anything that Rick wouldn't have done though (barring heads in jars). Ah yes the army people?
I just wonder how much is him trying to protect the town, and being willing to do anything to prevent it being compromised.

anonacfr Sun 09-Dec-12 14:58:47

Well he's capturing zombies and using them in weird fighting 'games', he's clearly killed not just the army people but seemingly others (including Michonne), capturing and torturing Glenn and Maggie, he's setting up bizarre scientific experiments to 'cure' his now twice-deceased zombie daughter...
Not to mention his crazy diary with the Shining-like scrawls...

I don't think he gives a shit about the safety of the people in his town. He just seems like a deranged tyrant to me.

TwllBach Sun 09-Dec-12 15:35:53

I think you can see the difference between Rick and the Governor in the way they treated Michonne. There are definite similarities - they both confiscated her weapon, they both patched her up and wouldn't let her leave, but Michonne was happier with Rick. He allowed her to contribute and didn't overly control her. He has gone out of his way, left his family behind, to go and rescue his people - something I don't see the Governor doing.

It is an interesting comparison though - it makes you wonder how the Governor was elected - if it was almost natural, like Rick, or if he forced the issue.

JennyPiccolo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:00:55

Maggie is supposed to be 22. She says something about it when her and Glenn first get together.

NotAChocolateRaisin Mon 10-Dec-12 22:43:48

He forced the issue. He brutally killed the previous "leaders" of woodbury

Aspiemum2 Sun 16-Dec-12 21:20:39

Is anyone still here?! I'm having withdrawal symptoms here sad

I think I've watched just about every YouTube clip, I've rewatched the 1st 2 seasons. I'm bordering on obsessed.

The crazy thing is I nearly never watch TV so there's nothing to fill the void.

And I would utterly love a carol/daryl love story even though he's too good for her

Anyone else as pathetic committed a fan as me?

anonacfr Sun 16-Dec-12 21:52:50

Me!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about Carol about Darryl but I think there's more of a motherly/sisterly vibe between the two of them.

I have to say Carol really rules this season! After her sad moping and endless laundry washing last season it's so cool to see her shooting zombies like a pro, practising her surgical skills on a corpse, mothering a baby and shutting up prison creep with a cool put down.

I haven't looked at any spoilers on YouTube. I want to stay completely surprised for February. I might rewatch the first season though...

TwllBach Sun 16-Dec-12 21:56:35

I just can't believe there is such a long wait <sob>

On the other hand, there is every possibility that I might be made redundant in February, so that will coincide nicely...

I wonder if it will break daryls heart to kill his brother (I haven't considered the possibility of him dying, I refuse to) or maybe rick shoots merle in a rescue attempt? I wonder if daryl could ever forgive him.

Does anyone know how many series are said to be made?

Aspiemum2 Sun 16-Dec-12 22:09:56

Daryl is ricks right hand man, I think that he would be more loyal to the group if push came to shove. I hope Daryl doesn't die sad hard to tell as cant find him in the comics at all. Not that I've had much chance to read them as they're wrapped for dh.
I might have given him the wrong clue for his present - I told him it was really a gift for us both wink oops!

Carols put down was her best line yet.

Andrea frustrates me - she always hooks up with the dickheads, she should have higher standards.

Maggie rocks, at the end of season 2 she was the only female out in the thick of it. The rest of them were running around the house like lame arses!

susiedaisy Sun 16-Dec-12 22:21:02

I'm still here, having withdrawals symptoms as well!hmm

anonacfr Mon 17-Dec-12 19:16:33

Andrea is the biggest idiot of them all. At the beginning of the show she was a human rights lawyer and now she's just a simpering flirting girl. She was even flirting with Merle FFS!

plus I can't believe she chose a guy she doesn't know, who uses Merle (of all people) as his right hand man over Michonne who saved her life and looked after her for eight months. Talk about loyalty.

Darryl isn't in the comics, ironically the most favourite person in the show was made up. Apparently the actor has increasingly added to the character as well.

Aspiemum2 Mon 17-Dec-12 23:32:45

Re watching a bit of series 3

Andrea : what's your real name?
Guv'nor : I never tell

Wtf?? Why not? Arrogant twat!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 01-Feb-13 17:25:18

just seen last episode before mid season break

was on planner and somehow i had missed it shock

i could beleive andrea was gonna kill her friend after all she did to save/look after her - gov must be a very good shag

yah gov's daughter got killed, tho did think M was silly to unhook her before taking the hood off and relieseing she was a zomblie grin

dont want the 2 bruvs to fight in the ring

Mewsical Fri 01-Feb-13 19:15:55

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to when the other half of season 3 airs?

ipswichwitch Fri 01-Feb-13 19:18:18

16th feb I think. Can anyone confirm?? Need my Darryl Dixon fix grin

I was just about to start a thread to see if anyone knew when it was back.

Anyone?

lurk

JKSLtd Mon 04-Feb-13 15:01:15

Checking in smile

Virgil Mon 04-Feb-13 15:04:44

Friday 15th feb!!

Aspiemum2 Thu 07-Feb-13 12:40:42

Does it not air on the 10th?! 9pm, so available on the 11th wink

Can't wait! There's a 2 min preview on YouTube that aired the other night, poor daryl sad

anonacfr Thu 07-Feb-13 19:48:12

I was going to say the 10th too... grin
I'm refusing to watch any spoilers. I. don't. want. to. know.

Virgil Thu 07-Feb-13 20:58:16

Googling says 16th but I need to know since I don't want to kiss it

Virgil Thu 07-Feb-13 20:58:43

Well I do want to kiss it but don't want to miss it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now