ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

BeginningtoffeealotlikeXmas Fri 07-Dec-12 12:43:03

anon - how could she possibly say that in front of the governor and all those people? She would be thrown to the walkers herself! And, to be fair to her, the scene cut straight after his speech, so, for all we know, she may have a quiet word with the governor in the next episode. Also, her head must be spinning with all that has just happened. She has just discovered her new lover is keeping live zombie heads in tanks and now one of her old group - who she probably thought was dead - has turned up.

I'm not a huge fan of Andrea, but she is probably a more realistic character than Michonne. Michonne is a heroine, a warrior - but, honestly, how many Michonnes would we meet in the zombie apocalypse? I bet most of us would be more like Andrea and heave a huge sigh of relief at finding ourselves in Woodbury with a fanciable man in charge who has taken a shine to us.

Did anyone notice if Glenn and Maggie ever used their walker-bone weapons? (Loved Harlett's reference to this being like saying it with flowers in the post-apocalyptic world grin).

I think Maggie nailed one of Merle's accomplices with the bit if bone. It was just as Rick, Daryl et al. were creeping in to bust them out and Merle et al were preparing to move them. Merle opens the door to the room where they were being held and M & G come out fighting. It happened very quick and the smoke bombs made it difficult to see who was doing what. Later in the episode Merle tells the Guvnor that Rick etc killed one of his men but I'm pretty sure it was Maggie.

BeginningtoffeealotlikeXmas Fri 07-Dec-12 12:51:35

Ah, thanks. There was so much going on at that point, so I must have missed it. Good for her.

Melty Fri 07-Dec-12 15:49:19

Yes, she cut his throat/jugular with it.
Gush of blood, dead.
Good for Maggie.

NotAChocolateRaisin Fri 07-Dec-12 18:55:14

We thought that the bloke Maggie killed was going to come back and make havoc (didn't get him in the brain)

WickedGirl Fri 07-Dec-12 19:34:28

Notachocolateraisin.....didn't she aim up from under the chin into the brain?

I hope that Daryl gets out of there alive, he is lovely

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 07:57:29

If you go onto YouTube and search for the walking dead season three episode nine then there are two sneak peaks of the next ep. You'll get your answer about Andrea there. There's also a trailer on there for the next half of the season.

Can you link to the trailer for the next half of the season, please? I can't find it on youtube, only on other sites that won't let you watch the video if you're in another country.

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 09:35:16

Promo here -

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1JuZQ_12aOw

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 09:41:11

Two things jumped out at me in that promo -

Michonne and Glenn appear to be running up to Rick and Maggie shouting 'what the hell is he doing here!!'

And Beth giving Rick a kiss on the cheek!

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 13:42:26

Anyone else seen the ad on FX saying that as from Jan FX will be Fox instead?

susiedaisy Sat 08-Dec-12 16:21:59

Found this thread just marking my place grin

TwllBach Sat 08-Dec-12 17:04:41

Oh I was lonely on the other thread last night, I didn't realise you were all here grin

I loved the bit when Glenn and maggie were about to be executed and he said "just keep looking at me" and they had even that taken away from them sad

I was sad for daryl when he had that conversation with rick and rick said they couldn't stay to look for his brother. His face was magic, you could see the little boy that used to look up to merle in him, all hopeful and vulnerable. And yet he still chose rick.

Carol was amazing grin "well that's interesting"
"No, it's really not" gringrin

How old is Carl meant to be? He obviously Fancies Beth but I've had him down for about twelve - she wouldn't be interested at all.

Do you remember when Carl was shot and Lori was saying it would be better for him to die before he ha to lose all his childish innocence and become like them? Looks like she was right, but he's certainly following in his fathers footsteps.

I figured Carl for thirteen or fourteen. Wasn't he a bit younger than Sophia?

TwllBach Sat 08-Dec-12 19:02:07

I thought Sophia was about ten - I'm shocking at guessing age through!

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 19:37:46

Sophia was twelve, Carl is thirteen according to the character profiles on Wikipedia.

TwllBach Sat 08-Dec-12 20:06:33

Maybe it's the hat. It makes him look much you get, like he's playing dress up. I'm going to order the comics for Christmas grin

Aspiemum2 Sat 08-Dec-12 20:30:11

I've bought them for dh - in the form of the 1st two compendiums (3rd one doesn't seem to be out yet). I had a quick flick and not sure they are exactly like the tv series, but have now wrapped them to save myself from reading the whole lot.

Can't wait for him to open them now and let me read them grin

SparklingSnow Sat 08-Dec-12 20:40:34

It's going to be a long wait for the other half of season three to start sad

FivesGoldNorks Sat 08-Dec-12 21:26:01

We ate while watching. Blood and gore doesn't bother me but I found the penny scenes hard.
And beth is forgiven I have repeatedly called her pathetic had no idea she was so young

anonacfr Sat 08-Dec-12 21:37:55

I found the glass in the eye painful to watch. But not as bad as Andrea having sex with the Governor. grin

wintera Sat 08-Dec-12 22:50:00

You probably didn't realise Beth was so young because in real life the actress who plays her is 27.

TwllBach Sat 08-Dec-12 23:50:26

And also, Beth and maggie and Herschel had a relatively nice life up until rick and the rest turned up. They didn't have to toughen up as quickly as the others did, and Beth has still been shielded from a lot of the nastier bits - I suppose because of her age. How old is maggie supposed to be? Early twenties?

I wonder if there is an unconscious desire to keep Beth innocent, so there is something still pure in the group.

FivesGoldNorks Sun 09-Dec-12 08:29:56

Yes, suppose I assumed Maggie was late 20s and beth was mid twenties? Wasn't there another sister who died?
If she's meant to be only 17 then I take back all the comments I've previously made smile and hope that prioner guy dies soon. Shame - I thought they were goi g to become proper members of the group.

FivesGoldNorks Sun 09-Dec-12 08:30:48

I can't actually remember how it ended with Andrea, michonne and governor, can anyone remind me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now