The Honourable Thread of Downton Abbey - The Third

(610 Posts)
Moln Fri 19-Oct-12 19:34:18

Who filled up the last thread? Hmm?

All I wanted to say was Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

No!! I don't like him and he's a pants actor.

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:40:52

He's Daisy's fil. Dead wulliam's daddy.

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:41:31

Ooh I don't think it's you either Tom

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:41:53

thomas

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:45:02

This is it...bates is gonna get deaded

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:46:55

Hallooooooo.......

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:47:41

LadyMary does an excellent line in strict voice of reason. I luffs her.

ILoveOnionRings Sun 21-Oct-12 21:49:45

'I suppose she has an appropriate costume for every activity' classic line again from the Dowager as well as not leaving and missing a good pudding.

Only 2 episodes left of this series. Please God get Bates out of prison, in so bored of it.

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Oct-12 21:52:51

Bloody big newborn baby.

NigellasGhost Sun 21-Oct-12 21:56:40

I never allow my servants to approach me on the lawn shock

Carson seems increasingly like a dinosaur.

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 22:05:01

Ahhhhhhh
Shed a wee tear at Cora weeping in fatty's arms
Glad to see the bates story is done, disappointed he didn't get shanked in the nick
Feeling dreadful for Thomas - I think he'll be really fucked (not in the good way) when he tries it on with jimmy. He will get the sack at best, prison at worst. Uh oh.

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 22:05:13

Loving the way all the 'big men' are hating not being obey. Women's lib is a terrible thing for them eh!

visualarts Sun 21-Oct-12 22:07:34

Yes chub I was thinking she was vast for a newborn. She can only be about 12 days old, surely? looked about 6 months.
Anyone else sneakingly agree with Lord G that maybe it would be better for baby not to be called Sybil - maybe just as her middle name would be best? (And yes I know he's been wrong about everything else and Dreadful about Ethel, but on that, I think he might have a point).

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 22:09:23

Something horrible is going to happen to Thomas isn't it. He's downgraded (to what?) and he'll make a fool of himself with Jimmy and then more than likely get put in prison for being homosexual.

Sad for him - never used to like him but he seems nicer this series (maybe because he's in love and getting to see him being emotinal re Sybil)

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Oct-12 22:11:23

Only two episodes left? That's not possible. Aren't they ten episode series?

Brilliant the way both Carson and fatty bum bum are losing control. Dowager classic lines about outfits and pudding.

Poor Cora and fatty, and dowager looking away. Clarkson was right, a c section was her only chance but it was v v risky. Poor Sybil was doomed.

legoballoon Sun 21-Oct-12 22:12:22

That baby was rather large for a newborn. Must have weaned her directly onto Mrs Padmore's foie gras.

A shame that the "Next Week" flash-forwards included Bates being greeted back at Downton - we thought he might come a cropper in his last few weeks behind bars.

Thought that American-can't-remember-her-name-but-plays-Lady-G was very good in tonight's episode. The scene where Dr Clarkson talked about Sybil's chances of survival being so slight, she looked veritably ripped apart. Cried buckets here.

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Oct-12 22:15:14

I liked matthew and Mary's anguished talking in bed.

They do keep lowering near pickle and little Sybil though, like baby snatchers in waiting.

Animation Sun 21-Oct-12 22:15:27

Real girl power - this episode!

Carson and Fatty were not obeyed.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 21-Oct-12 22:15:51

Oooh that was good.
Dowager had loads of good lines this week hurrah.
Yes nervous for Thomas. Carson and Lord 6 are both dinosaurs. Obviously as has already been said Branson and Matthew should run the estate together.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 21-Oct-12 22:18:45

Perhaps Bates will have developed a taste for man to man lurve in prison and he and Thomas will share more than duties!!

BlueMoon1084 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:21:54

Just about to catch up on itv player. Is this weeks episode safe Sunday night viewing or am I going to end up traumatised again?

ijustwanttobeme Sun 21-Oct-12 22:22:25

Loved the appropriate costume line too . Maggie Smith gets all the best lines.

Can someone advise re: Cora in bed scene. What did she have on her lap? I know it wasn't but it looked to me like an iPad !

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 21-Oct-12 22:23:14

Am watching on +1, as per, due to prior engagement with Homeland

Am marking my prediction that Mrs Patmore will be revealed as the new kitchen maid's mother. Ethel saying to Mrs P "You wouldn't judge me".
New Kitchen Maid's staring at Mrs P., and saying "A cat can look at a king..."

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 22:23:23

Branson in the farm seems the most convienent solution. Thoung will Lord FBB allow a evil Catholic work a farm, what if the sheep became 'left footers'. Everyone would die!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now