The Honourable Thread of Downton Abbey - The Third

(610 Posts)
Moln Fri 19-Oct-12 19:34:18

Who filled up the last thread? Hmm?

All I wanted to say was Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

No!! I don't like him and he's a pants actor.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 19-Oct-12 19:38:07

So I read that Guardian article linked to, interesting that one of the rumours is that Dan Stevens might be orf. He's just about to open a play on Broadway, think he's a proper Act-Or, so he may not wish to be typecast as wet rag Matty?

Moln Fri 19-Oct-12 20:05:37

Maybe he'll run off with Pickles? Or possible Bates. I can't decide.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 19-Oct-12 20:27:08

OOh, maybe Bates will murder hm with a poisoned breakfast? Poor spinster Edith and Lord 6 will be under suspicion, as all the other Upstairs people will be breakfasting in bed.

Moln Fri 19-Oct-12 21:28:50

Oooh yes. And the investigating officer would be very good looking.

Carson would leap into action to prise the poisoned breakfast away in the nick of time, like he did when Branson tried to hide whatever it was under the tureen that time.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 19-Oct-12 23:59:31

Just speculating on future series.....Downton Abbey Safari Park? Guided tours of the house with permission to see the lewd paintings done by Lady Edith of her lesbian wifelets. Theme park with the Lord 6 roller coaster?

Moln Sat 20-Oct-12 20:26:19

Wifelets. He he.

Just seen a trailer for it. Just over 24 hours and we might start to see any signs of the Bates/Pickles/Matthew love triangle

Saltire Sat 20-Oct-12 23:08:48

"Just over 24 hours and we might start to see any signs of the Bates/Pickles/Matthew love triangle"

I don't care what we see as long as it's not Bates festerin in the feckin jail again.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 21-Oct-12 11:11:14

10 hours........

MrsjREwing Sun 21-Oct-12 11:12:15

marking my place.

Animation Sun 21-Oct-12 11:15:22

Oops just seen this thread - I started another - blush

Anyway I watched Sunday's episode. That scene on the bed with them all stood around poor Sybil was just so bizarre and haunting. It was Cora's reactions to Sybil that had me in tears, and then when she was alone with her - "my baby" Bloody hell - some good acting!

The Bates story line bores me now, and glad we didn't stop to hear Anna go through everything she knew again! The suicide/ poisoning theory is a weak one anyway - that she killed herself so that it looked like he did it and then he'd go to prison and that would be her revenge. No.

I can see Matthew and Pickles running off together. Or turfing the aristos out of Downton to run the place properly as Middle and Lower Class men!

I would watch the shit out of the show if Edith does become a be-monocled lesbian.

vjg13 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:50:41

There's no shortage of food at the prison, Bates looks really chunky now!

Animation Sun 21-Oct-12 14:28:30

Also - this bloody Dr Philips guy - hope he gets struck off! More likely he will have disappeared from Downton - another one of those one episode characters.

awbless Sun 21-Oct-12 20:05:29

The Bates Prison Carry On is so tedious. Leave him in there and forget about him or put him back the House, one or the other but we've had enough.

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 20:31:09

Don't mind the Bates stuff myself. Though saying that it's not like I hope it's going to feature!

30 mins to go (had slight panic TV wasn't working earlier!)

MrsjREwing Sun 21-Oct-12 20:47:12

Bates needs to get back to Downton, what will Thomas do with himself then?

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:29:48

Oops here you all are!

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 21:35:44

I'd like to see Daisy set herself up

Moln Sun 21-Oct-12 21:36:53

with her own business (not sure why I hit post message before I finished the sentance!)

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Oct-12 21:38:04

Loving this episode too much to post now. Will catch up.

ErikNorseman Sun 21-Oct-12 21:38:36

I wonder what lord fatty will think about Daisy running a farm. Be reactionarily outraged I imagine.

visualarts Sun 21-Oct-12 21:39:20

Who is the rich farmer? Is he the late William's father, or someone else entirely?

Well done Branson - I'll not be parted from her. (or was it separated?)

visualarts Sun 21-Oct-12 21:40:44

Go on Matthew, you tell him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now