Homeland - back soon!

(985 Posts)
Hassled Wed 19-Sep-12 22:05:21

I am beside myself with excitement. Trailer here - who's putting the contacts in? Is that Carrie in a disguise? Any one else agog?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 02-Oct-12 00:11:01

Oct 7? Squee!

donnie Tue 02-Oct-12 11:50:34

and yet I remain unconvinced by Saul. I do not trust him. IMO everything he says and does is a double bluff. Watching the reruns atm I am even more convinced of his complicity.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

DuaneDibbley Tue 02-Oct-12 12:57:10

I'm catching up, having missed it completely the first time! Just watched 'The Good Soldier' and I'm already suspicious of Saul - he failed the first polygraph and bluffed it.

Hassled Tue 02-Oct-12 21:19:51

Oh don't make me start to doubt the lovely Saul. Saul is all that is good and right in the crazy world of Homeland.

donnie Tue 02-Oct-12 21:24:42

No hassled! You cannot trust him!

Hassled Tue 02-Oct-12 21:26:22

<ignores> grin

I really want to see how the daughter develops this season. She's an interesting character - I think we'll have more from her.

FrillyMilly Tue 02-Oct-12 21:29:30

I'm too excited!

That's all.

Hassled Sun 07-Oct-12 20:04:36

Tonight is the night grin.

I'm so ridiculously excited about this. I can't wait!

Hassled Sun 07-Oct-12 20:17:40

I don't actually know if I can stand the tension. Last season I was like a coiled spring by the end of an episode.

ledkr Sun 07-Oct-12 21:05:12

So excited just marking place, have switched off the phone

Inneedofbrandy Sun 07-Oct-12 21:06:23

Oh its started!

Hassled Sun 07-Oct-12 22:11:33

How good was that? I love the daughter. Still convinced of Saul's inner goodness. How did the men in the car in Beirut know to follow Carrie

mynameis Sun 07-Oct-12 22:28:17

Bloody loved it. grin

Great wasn't it. I think they had some sort of phone tracker thing and knew that Saul was on the phone to someone in the vicinity. They looked around and there she was, talking on her phone and looking all round suspiciously.

SnotandBothered Sun 07-Oct-12 23:14:39

So glad its back i have been bereft without it.

Like how Body's wife is turning into a bit of a social-status monster - very believable and adds a good dynamic. And the loved daughter.

But oh, the pouty reporter / agent to Abu Nazir woman just didn't seem plausible to me. Not did the fact that there wouldn't be some kind of CCTV in David's office when Brody was cracking his safe.

And was it a different actor playing Brody's son or am I confused?

SadPunk Mon 08-Oct-12 01:55:45

Oh poor Carrie, I think Saul is a baddie in some complicated way, he has to be, maybe Estes will turn out to be good guy in the end. Love it though, I like how it's seemless from the first series, obviously she will remember the Issa thing at some point. I'm sure the recording he did will turn up as some kind of blackmail point in the end as well.

Tamoo Mon 08-Oct-12 06:49:10

Agree with SadPunk. Estes is too obvious and dislikeable to be the baddest baddie of all.

Really enjoyed it although Carrie looked like something out of The Omen with those dark contacts.

mynameis Mon 08-Oct-12 07:46:15

SnotandBothered I thought the son looked different but I think he has just shot up between series.
Also the CIA guy who turned up at Carries at English class, he's lost do much weight he was barely recognisable!

Was this filmed in Clare Danes pregnancy? Noticed some voluminous tops going on smile

Tamoo Mon 08-Oct-12 10:09:37

Yes the son was the same actor he's just grown and had his hair cut short.

diddl Sat 13-Oct-12 12:21:49

Just watched ep 2-and just as I was thinking "oh how predictable"-great ending!

cornsconkers Sat 13-Oct-12 12:35:46

why was the daughter in a quaker school

lighthousekeeping Sat 13-Oct-12 17:08:12

I was worrying about who was paying for Carries mess now that she's not working smile

lighthousekeeping Sun 14-Oct-12 16:59:57

Meds even!

lighthousekeeping Sun 14-Oct-12 21:53:31

I'm on the edge of my seat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now