Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - who's getting excited?

(963 Posts)
CeliaFate Tue 14-Aug-12 21:01:56

Just read that Katya Virshilas isn't returning to the show, a new dancer Karen Hauer is taking her place.

Who will be in this year's line up?

Ian Thorpe would be a giggle-can you imagine the remarks from Craig -Dahling......

and Bruno would be horribly over-excited about his bod....again.

Now Claire Balding would be a hoot!!

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 17:24:55

Oh I can't WAIT for strictly to start!!!

Am hoping against hope that poor aul Anton gets a decent partner this season. Bless his heart I'd love it if he won grin

Nancy66 Wed 22-Aug-12 17:32:50

Anton always gets the comedy cart horses because his dancing days are over - he hasn't really got the pace to do latin so he always does the comedy turn.

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 17:46:13

He is unbelievable at ballroom Nancy and, although maybe not as fleet of foot as Artem (drool) or James (double drool) he has always held his own in the group pro latin dances!

Let's hope we have a good panel of slebs this year. I loved Russell as he had real rhythm, was so flambuoyant and really made an effort - unlike Widdy or Nancy. Plus his little face was just pure joy - he was so happy to be there!

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 22-Aug-12 17:50:16

Erin's Latin is far worse than Anton's according to my dance teacher (she knows them both in a professional capacity, she gave Anton his first job after turning pro) grin

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 17:54:19

I agree Frankel

Nancy66 Wed 22-Aug-12 17:56:15

yeah he is good at ballroom but he can't be teamed with a good celeb because he isn't a good enough to get them through the latin.

Plus he lies about his age and he's a good 20 years older than most of the other pros

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 18:03:18

That's such an ageist attitude! shock
I was disgusted when Karen and Arlene eft under a cloud.
Erin and Anyon ate no spring chickens - true, but the are both consummate professionals and amazing dancers.

Not impressed Nancy
<cats bum mouth>

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 18:03:56

*Erin and Anton are - silly iPhone!

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Wed 22-Aug-12 18:04:16

Oooh am so excited. Have applied for tickets to launch show this week.
Wish they would get rid of Anton though, he is awful. He is so offensive, and takes the p outof his partners in the name of comedy. He thinks it's his show.

Nancy66 Wed 22-Aug-12 18:08:06

They're amazing BALLROOM dancers. That's all.

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 22-Aug-12 18:13:34

Anton is, I speculate, being groomed to take over from Brucie. Unfortunately Anton and Erin teamed up and turned pro at a relatively old age compared to many competitors, so had no chance to reach the top of their game in a competitive capacity.

My teacher also knows Len quite well. She said he is utterly lovely and when he used to come and teach at the children's Summer Schools she used to run, he'd bring water pistols and other props to keep the kids motivated grin. He'd tell the boys to imagine they had rocket boosters attached to their elbows, to encourage them to project their sway down the floor grin grin grin

Nancy66 Wed 22-Aug-12 18:16:35

yes, i can def see Anton presenting. He'll be very good as well.

LetUsPrey Wed 22-Aug-12 18:58:58

I wish they'd bring Ian back. I miss him. He's my Strictly partner - tall and patient grin.

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 19:24:06

Ooh yes Letus. He is good. Being tall, i was always made be the bloke for dancing (which makes me a bit bolshy on the dance floor apparently grin) so it would be nice to feel small and feminine in Ian's arms!

dublindee Wed 22-Aug-12 19:26:16

Would love to see Gino D'Acampo on strictly ....

knottyhair Thu 23-Aug-12 07:59:21

Just seen in the news that Jerry Hall has been signed up, along with Fern Britton, Sian Williams, Steve Redgrave, Victoria Pendleton.

CeliaFate Thu 23-Aug-12 08:12:31

Wow! No young ones there apart from Victoria.

Nice to see the older brigade being given a chance!

HectorBrocklebank Thu 23-Aug-12 08:37:54

No to Brucie - he is not a 'national treasure' - jokes are as lame as his wigs.

No to Tess (apparently her real name is Helen??)

No to Darcy - her nose job annoys me.

Got all that off my chest - (feeling like a good moan today!!)

I also start watching it 15 minutes after the start to fast forward through Bruce's 'jokes' and Tess's interviews whilst waiting on the scores.

moonblushtomato Thu 23-Aug-12 21:55:50

Yippeeeeee!!!!

Is it really that time of year already.....Strictly for me always means the Countdown to Christmas has started.

Loving the line-up so far and quite glad Alicia will be absent, Darcy got loads more class and knowledge.

Ian Thorpe would be AMAZING!! He was one of the best things about the BBC's coverage of the Olymps. I do miss him so........

LetUsPrey Thu 23-Aug-12 22:00:56

Preview show is on on 15th September which I think is the one where they reveal the contestants and the pairings.

Live shows are likely to be from 6th October.

My first pairing - Jerry Hall with Vincent grin

letseatgrandma Thu 23-Aug-12 22:22:08

Oh, I wish they'd bring back Matthew Cutler, Ian and Darren/Lilia though!

I've just looked up Erin-she was never born in 1975!!

Skillbo Thu 23-Aug-12 22:33:57

LetusPrey - grin at the bar stools!

plus3 Thu 23-Aug-12 23:59:52

Artem...(sighs happily...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now